Local Attractions In Scotland
- Author Jim Thomas
- Published December 23, 2011
- Word count 510
A trip to Scotland is high on the must do list of many travellers. It’s a fascinating mix of historic castles, snow capped mountains and magical lochs and glens. Scotland offers a fantastic selection of bed and breakfast accommodation, from home stays and farm stays to luxury lodges, cottages and inns. You will be enthralled by the friendliness of the people, the stark beauty of the landscape and depth of history that you will discover in Scotland.
If you visit in summer, you’ll be able to watch or even participate in the famous Highland Games. These events are held in various parts of Scotland, with the biggest being the Cowal Highland Gathering at the end of August each year. You can toss a caber, throw a hammer, taste real haggis and watch the awesome dancing. Your local bed and breakfast host will be able to direct you to the nearest highland gathering.
Glasgow is a must visit city on your tour of Scotland, and the Willow Tearoom is a great place to take a break when you’re out and about. The building features a willow theme and was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh in 1904. Visitors can experience the ambience of bygone days as they sip tea in the same rooms that were used more than 100 years ago.
Those travellers who love to get out on foot and really explore the countryside will love the expansive opportunities for hiking in Scotland. A great place to visit is the Cuillin mountain range on the Isle of Skye. It attracts walkers, climbers and artists and is perfect for the more energetic as well as those who prefer to just wander around and drink in the spectacular scenery.
Scotland’s most famous railway line – the West Highland Railway to Mallaig – takes you past the heights of Ben Nevis, the depths of Loch Morar and the length of the Caledonian Canal. It’s a 264 km track along coastline, past lochs and through picturesque glens. Your bed and breakfast host will be happy to direct you to the nearest boarding point.
Adventurous types will love the rugged east coast of Scotland including Orkney’s Scapa Flow where you can dive among dozens of German shipwrecks from World War One. Many of the ships are only a few metres from the surface and the visibility is excellent so the dives are suitable for people of all levels of expertise.
If you love Scotland, you may also be a fan of the game invented in Scotland – golf. If so, why not visit the world’s oldest golf course at Musselburgh. Legend has it that even Mary Queen of Scots has played on the links – way back in the 16th century!
Of course you can’t visit Scotland without having a look for Nessie. The world’s most famous lake monster was first reportedly spotted in 1871 and visitors have been trying to get a definite sighting since. The scenery at Loch Ness is also well worth the trip – even if you don’t spot the monster!
Our Bed and Breakfast Scotland accommodation directory makes it easy for you to find the perfect bed and breakfast or guest house to compliment your stay in Scotland.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are The Most Important Pages to Include on Your New Website?
- How to Make Money by Creating a Content-Filled Website
- What are the 7 Things to Avoid at All Costs with WordPress Blogging?
- What are the Secrets of Writing Killer Blog Posts?
- What are Common Sense Guidelines for Using WordPress?
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Enhancing Oral Hygiene: The Power of Electric Toothbrushes
- Healthcare's Digital Transformation Re-eingeneered
- The Rise of Affordable Electric Toothbrushes: Affordable Dental Care at Your Fingertips
- "Vax Vacuum Parts: My Personal Guide to Keeping Your Vacuum Cleaner in Top Shape"
- Understanding Vax Vacuum Parts: A Comprehensive Guide
- "Inside the Machine: A Comprehensive Guide to Vacuum Cleaner Parts and Their Functions"
- Achieve Superior Oral Hygiene with the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush
- The Blossoming Power Of Nature: How Flowers Can Nurture Physical And Mental Wellbeing
- The Key to Establishing a Healthy Sleep Routine for Babies, Toddlers, and Children
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- How to Plan and Host a Successful Garage Sale: A Quick Guide
- Arborist Reports and Expert Consultation
- Stylish Men’s T-Shirts: Unforgettable Gift Ideas for Every Occasion!
- The Power of 3D Prototypes: Transforming Ideas into Tangible Innovations
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- How to Find the Perfect Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums: A Comprehensive Buyer's Guide
- How To Buy An Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- Parenting Influence on the Child’s Mental Health
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?