5 Tips to Increase Website Sales
- Author Heather Curtis
- Published January 20, 2012
- Word count 343
Ecommerce merchants need to make sales in order to keep their website alive. Having a well designed online shopping cart is only one piece of the puzzle. There are multiple factors that go into ecommerce sales.
Below are 8 ways improve sales on your website:
- Improve Your Search Engine Ranking
Search engine optimization (SEO) is critical for sales. If your consumer can't find you on the first page or first couple of search results, then you are losing sales! Your goal should be to get a higher ranking on Google, Bing, Yahoo! or other Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) than your competitors.
- Consider Online Advertising
Pay Per Click (PPC) is a common advertising practice in which companies pay to have their ads appear at the top of search engine pages. This ensures your website is at the top of your consumer's search feed and can increase the likelihood of them buying.
- Utilize Social Media
Your customers are using social media, so you need to have a presence there too. However, like all other marketing tools, it is important to use social media in a way that supports your business’ core objectives. Try offering special promotions that are only available through your social media channels. You can also offer your shopping cart directly on Facebook (F-commerce) to catch impulse buys.
- Learn from Attribution Modeling
Attribution modeling is the practice of carefully studying who visits your website and makes purchases based on items such as marketing channel, message and medium. It can answer such questions as whether a visitor who enters the site via Facebook will have a larger chance of making a purchase than one who gets there through paid search. Use this information to better set up your ecommerce website, playing up what converts people to buy and maybe getting rid of things that don't encourage sales.
- Integrate Marketing Channels
All of these ideas are great on their own, but work even better when integrated. Combining your e-commerce acquisition and retention strategies is the best way to move people toward purchasing and increasing sales.
There are no posted comments.
- The Digital Transformation of AS9110 Quality Management Systems
- How to start an E-commerce Business? A guide for beginners.
- Get High Quality Shirt Boxes Wholesale at iCustomBoxes
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- New Trends for Cosmetic Packaging
- How to Hide Out-of-Stock Products from your Collections on Shopify
- Changing product prices on Shopify: How to do it right?
- A Picture With Words: The Simple Living Biography Of Our Love Life
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible
- Shipping to Brazil: New Tax ID regulations
- Why Should Your Business Use Same Day Delivery Services?
- Some Challenges and Roadblocks faced by E-Commerce Startups in 2020
- A new technology based on Image Recognition is revolutionizing eCommerce
- A Quick Buying Guide to Understand What To Look For in a Tray
- 8 Common Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- Considering Kel-F ® PCTFE within Plastic Fasteners?
- What Is the Best Alternative to Facebook Ads for Dropshipping Businesses?
- How to make a Wrap Sleeve box for Packaging
- Checkpoints to Convert Your Web Site into a Marketplace?
- 5 Products to Avoid Dropshipping at All Costs
- How to Avoid the Facebook Ban When Dropshipping
- Your 3-Step Guide to Increase Sales with Seasonal Marketing