- Author Jane Hull
- Published January 24, 2012
- Word count 486
Now it’s getting colder all our thoughts have started to turn to keeping warm. I know that when I go shopping and I am feeling hungry I end up buying too much food. Then the cold weather comes and I start looking for jumpers and warm winter rugs to curl up on the sofa with. Mums do the same thing for their children; they want to snuggle them up in a warm baby blanket especially when they are out and about.
If you are looking around for things to keep your children warm there are so many options. If they are still in the buggy you may want to look for a travel wrap or cosy toes. These can be a good modern alternative to the classic baby blanket. When your children are a bit older and are running about you will probably be looking for coats, hats, scarves and gloves and in the really cold weather you might want to think about ski trousers or even an all in one ski suit, although they can be a bit difficult when you are trying to get them off and on your children.
As well as baby blankets for the buggy you might also want to think about when you are going out in the car on an icy day, it often takes a while for the car to deice and warm up. This is a great time to look at car seat travel wraps because they allow you to wrap and unwrap the baby according to the temperature. Of course if they fall asleep when you arrive at your destination, you can wrap them up and lift the seat out without disturbing them.
People often use baby blankets at home even when their children have grown up, they can be great rugs to have on you when you are sitting on the sofa watching television or reading a book. Blankets and throws can make great Christmas present s for friends and family for people because they are especially useful at this time of year and if you already have plenty in your house, you can always use a spare one in the car for travelling.
Another great idea for baby blankets when you children no longer need them are to use the fabric for other things or if they are a bit worn out, you can cut them up and use them as rags for cleaning the car or wiping the windows. If your blankets are in great condition you can pass them on to other mums to be or give them to a local charity shop.
The most important thing is make sure you and your children wrap up warm so you can all have fun this winter, Autumn walks collecting conkers, kicking leaves, snowman building, snowball fights, splashing in the puddles. All important activities for families and for children to learn and grow.
I have children myself and I write about products and tips which are useful to parents, they cover making life less fuss and more fun, saving time and getting out and about with young babies and children. Some of my articles are interesting but they try to have a bit of fun and laughter about them.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training