Keep Safe with Kids Electric Scooters
- Author Lucy Pitt
- Published February 8, 2012
- Word count 438
Kids electric scooters are a great way for your kids to have fun, keep active and gain a little bit of that all important independence.
Although they don’t travel at breakneck speed, most parents know that their children perhaps don’t always think of safety first. That’s why if you’re thinking of purchasing a kids electric scooter for your child you need to ensure that they will be safe in the event of the inevitable odd fall, scrape or tumble.
Firstly you need to make sure that if your children are going to be out on the pavements where there is traffic that they have a very good understanding of road safety. Make sure that they know how to stop, look and listen and explain to them just how dangerous it could be to be out on the road.
Your children should also be aware of pedestrians when using a kids electric scooter. Other pavement users can get very irritated by kids electric scooters whizzing past them. In addition if children aren’t careful about looking where they are going and controlling their speed that can end up having a collision. Unfortunately it’s vulnerable people such as the elderly and young children that are most likely to be affected and to get involved in a collision. So make sure that your kids are considerate and keep the needs of pedestrians in mind.
When your children use kids electric scooters they should always wear protective clothing. Most importantly this should include a helmet. It’s advisable to buy the helmet from a reputable store as then you can be sure that it will have undergone all the appropriate safety checks and be fit for purpose. However if you are not sure then simply look for the CE mark which guarantees that the helmet has been certified as safe for sale in the EU.
Your child should also wear protective wrist and knee guards to protect hands, wrists and knees. These are essential as in the event of a fall hands, wrists knees, head and face are the most likely areas of the body to be injured.
Although you may find your child complaining about having to wear protective apparel you should ensure they definitely wear it otherwise they could find themselves with a serious injury.
Lastly you need to ensure that your child wears appropriate footwear when riding kids electric scooters. In the summer particularly many children wear sandals or flip flops but these can be quite hazardous and can impede their ability to ride a scooter safely. The best footwear to choose is trainers.
To learn more about kids electric scooters visit www.kidsisland.co.ukArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training