Ski Tennessee's Premier Slopes at Ober Gatlinburg
- Author Scott Tidwell
- Published March 5, 2012
- Word count 501
Perched atop Mt. Harrison, high above the picturesque village of Gatlinburg, Ober Gatlinburg offers family fun all year long. But when the snow flies, this famous resort turns into one of the only ski areas the south has to offer – and the only one in Tennessee.
Trails for Every Skill Level
Ober Gatlinburg has something to offer skiers of every ability. From bunny hills to black-diamond runs, you’ll have a chance to learn a new skill, challenge yourself, or simply take an easy glide through the trees. Nine groomed runs wind through the trees, providing lots of fun and plenty of gorgeous scenery to enjoy along the way.
For the more adventurous, check out the Terrain Park, where you can try out some fancy moves on the many snow features designed for freestyle skiing. Grab your snowboard and prepare to challenge yourself on the ever-changing course, which includes both man-made and natural obstacles.
Not a skier? No problem. January 2012 is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month at Ober Gatlinburg. You’ll find professional instructors ready to help you learn to navigate the slopes, plus you’ll be able to rent skis, boots, and even jackets and pants if you don’t have your own. Beginners of every age are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to try out a new winter activity.
Getting to Ober Gatlinburg couldn’t be easier. Simply head downtown to hop aboard the famous Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway and enjoy a scenic trip up the side of the mountain, free from concerns over icy roadways or traffic snarls. In addition to a leisurely ride, the view from the tram is spectacular. The Great Smoky Mountains stretch out before you, decorated for winter with a fresh blanket of white and glittering in the sunlight.
Snowy Fun for Kids
In addition to slopes suitable for all ages and skill levels. Ober Gatlinburg also has plenty of options to keep the younger members of your family entertained. The Cubbies Snow Zone provides a fun place to play in the snow under adult supervision, out of the way of the slopes and chair lifts. Build a snowman, make some snow angels, or dig a fort in the piles of fresh powder.
Besides the cold-weather fun, you’ll find other family friendly activities on site as well. Warm your hands on a cup of hot chocolate in the Ober Gatlinburg restaurant, try your luck in the arcade, or strap on your skates and practice your twirls at the indoor ice arena. For the nature lovers in your group, Wildlife Encounter gives you a chance to meet and greet the natives, including owls, raccoons, and otters.
Whether you dream of being a ski bum or simply enjoy a weekend on the slopes, Ober Gatlinburg is a great choice. A variety of course options combined with lots of other available activities means even when you’re not swooshing through fine powder, you’ll find lots to keep you and your entire family occupied.
Scott Tidwell invites you to book cabins in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee through Arrowhead Cabin Rentals. Visit [http://www.arrowheadpigeonforge.com](http://www.arrowheadpigeonforge.com) for pricing and availability. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking