How to prepare yourself to file for bankruptcy
- Author Victorianne Maxwell
- Published February 18, 2012
- Word count 289
I am often asked what steps a person should take before filing for bankruptcy, says Charlotte Bankruptcy Attorney Victorianne C, Maxwell and I often have a few points I can discuss with potential clients.
Run a free copy of your credit report so that you can really see what is listed on their and how much debt you are likely in.
Compile any unpaid medical bills that may not be listed on your credit report.
Take a look at your monthly expenses vs. your monthly income. You can do this by compiling some paystubs, tax returns, and paystubs.
Take a look at your bank account deposits and withdrawals and see if they numbers add up. The biggest issue we come across in bankruptcy is when the clients bank statements are much more then what they report on their bankruptcy petition.
Contact IRS , the state, and county to see if there are any outstanding tax balances. Keep in mind old tax debt can be discharged in bankruptcy if certain conditions are met.
Make a list of questions you may have about bankruptcy and the process.
Schedule your appointment with a bankruptcy attorney. Be sure to bring all the information listed above to your appointment and any additional information that the Attorney requests such as a intake form.
Relax. Bankruptcy is not the end of the world, it could be the fresh start for you and put you on the road to being debt free.
Maxwell Law Firm represents clients in North Carolina with: bankruptcy court, tax services. filing for bankruptcy, chapter 7 bankruptcy, foreclosure defense, chapter 13 bankruptcy representation, and loan modifications. You may schedule your appointment by calling 704-780-1100. Save an additional 25% off the fees by scheduling your appointment online.
Maxwell Law Firm represents clients in North Carolina with: bankruptcy court, filing for bankruptcy, Tax Services, foreclosure defense, and loan modifications. You may schedule your appointment by calling 704-780-1100. Save an additional 25% off the fees by scheduling your appointment online at http://maxwelllegal.com/consultations.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Top 7 Spoilers To Avoid in Business Contract Drafting
- The Role Of An Estate Planning Attorney
- Checklist To Discuss With Your Estate Planning Attorney
- What Is The Difference Between a Will vs Trust?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- What Type of Issues Does Family Law Address?