Dollywood’s Wild Eagle Roller Coaster
- Author Jim Watson
- Published February 21, 2012
- Word count 554
Have the winter blahs settled over you like a blanket of snow? Does it feel as if you haven’t seen the sun since Labor Day? Take heart! Spring break is just around the corner to rescue your family from the doldrums. This year, make plans to be one of the first who ride Dollywood's revolutionary new roller coaster: Wild Eagle.
Carved out of the vast wilderness of the Great Smoky Mountains and featuring plenty of fun for all ages, Dollywood is a favorite destination for travelers looking for a little adventure with a touch of nature thrown in. In March 2012, Dollywood is giving you yet another great reason to visit.
Swoop and Soar like an Eagle in Flight
Dollywood’s Wild Eagle is the first wing coaster in America, so you can be sure that roller-coaster aficionados of all ages will find something to love about this screaming-fast thrill ride. Prepare to soar more than 20 stories above the ground then jerk to a stomach-turning drop before barreling into a heart-stopping corkscrew that will leave you breathless. Wild Eagle affords a gorgeous view of the Great Smoky Mountains – if you can keep your eyes open long enough to enjoy it.
Serious coaster fanatics will want to be first in line to experience the unique thrills this unusual ride offers. Wild Eagle seats you on the "wings" rather than in a car positioned atop the track. There is nothing but air rushing above and below you. The two-and-a-half minute ride with its plummeting drops and sudden turns will leave you feeling as if you’ve actually become an eagle on the hunt.
Flat spins, hairpin turns, and a "zero-G" roll all combine to make Wild Eagle a non-stop thrill ride you won’t want to miss. With a top speed of more than 60 miles per hour and a dizzying drop of 190 feet, Wild Eagle offers all the thrills of a traditional roller coaster but with innovative wing seating to add to the excitement.
Meet the Real Thing at Eagle Mountain Sanctuary
While you’re winding down from your flight, take a stroll through Eagle Mountain Sanctuary, and meet the inspiration for Wild Eagle. This 30,000-square-foot exhibit houses the largest collection of non-releasable bald eagles in the country. Enjoy watching these magnificent birds of prey in their natural habitat. Be sure to stay for an entertaining and educational show put on by members of the American Eagle Foundation at the Wings of America Theater.
Family Friendly Fun around Every Corner
Wild Eagle might not be for the faint of heart, but there are plenty of other attractions at Tennessee’s favorite theme park to keep the entire family happy. Professor Seymour Tricks Magic Show will mystify younger children, and older folks will enjoy taking a trip back in time with a visit to the county fair. Take a leisurely spin on the Ferris wheel, trot across the finish line on the back of a colorful carousel pony, or cool off under a tree with an ice cream cone while the youngsters play in Granny’s Garden.
Whether you’re in the mood for good old-fashioned family fun or for a screaming plunge through the trees at breakneck speeds, check out Dollywood this spring. One thing’s for sure: you’ll leave those winter blues far behind.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering lodging near Pigeon Forge. Cabin rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking