Vegas Secrets: The Best Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- Author Luke Plunket
- Published February 14, 2012
- Word count 526
There are several kinds of Grand Canyon helicopter rides from Sin City. But the trip that wins the popularity contest is one that lands at the bottom of the canyon next to the renowned Colorado River.
This distinct flight leaves exclusively from Las Vegas, NV,. It flies over Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the Western U.S., as well as the Hoover Dam, among the region's most renowned landmarks, before entering canyon airspace.
Here you'll crest spectacular Grand Cliffs Wash, before starting the 4,000-foot descent to the base. As you fly above the Colorado River, you'll swear you're returning to prehistoric times. There's a strip of land near the river where all copters land on dirt heliports. While the rotor blades turn, a Hualapai Indian guide will assist you out of the aircraft.
The section of the canyon, as well as the complete West Rim, is part of the Hualapai Indian Reservation, which comprises more than a million acres of beautiful Mojave Desert and canyon country. Under an genuine Indian Ramada, you as well as your fellow travellers will take pleasure in a Champagne toast and either a continental breakfast or light lunch. Personally, I can't think of finer way of enjoying the moment.
The Colorado River is just 5 minutes away by foot. It's a sloping, well-maintained path that on the ultimate stretch cuts through a mini-grove of salt cedars. The trail ends at a boat dock where passengers who've pre-purchased a boat trip commence their voyage up the Colorado for a fantastic float ride on one of America's most famous waterways.
The boat journey package also consists of an ascent to the top of the West Rim in which you obtain VIP entry to the Sky Walk, a glass bridge that permits you to walk 70 feet past the edge! Digital cameras and smart phones are not authorized on the Skywalk in an effort to protect the top from scratching. Those wanting a picture can use one of the expert photographers located on the structure.
The flight to the West Rim via Las Vegas is a scant 45 minutes. Total trip time for this specific bottom-landing flight is 4 hours, and it includes free hotel pick up and drop off, brunch or lunch along with Champagne. I strongly recommend that you book this chopper excursion early.
Rule of thumb is about 1 week in advance. Further, purchase your journey on-line, where you'll locate the very best rates. I routinely save as much as 33% on heli flights utilizing this trick.
Best time to fly is in the morning when visibility is the most suitable. The air is additionally smoothest at this time, too. Sunset flights are well-known, but be ready to pay extra. If you possess the budget, take into account a front-seat upgrade.
The Grand Canyon heli landing tour is a Vegas favorite. And no wonder. In merely 45 minutes, you can be at the bottom exploring the primordial landscape that few ever step foot on. Take your journey one step further and include a Colorado River boat ride or a walk on the Glass Bridge. No matter which choice you select, be prepared for a fantastic canyon experience.
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking