Construction Accidents May Be Covered Under More Than Just Worker's Compensation
- Author Arnold Rodrguez
- Published February 27, 2012
- Word count 530
One of the most dangerous jobs in the country is that of a construction worker. Despite the fact that construction workers understand that they have a very risky job, they are vital in keeping America moving. From building new construction, to tearing down old, antiquated and dangerous buildings, construction workers are a valuable asset to this country. Because construction workers have such a dangerous job, they have every right to expect that management staff will take all of the necessary precautions to ensure their safety while on the job. If for any reason, you or someone you know has been injured while on the job with a construction company, you may be entitled to financial compensation for those injuries. It is irrelevant if it was the construction company itself, another employee or a subcontractor that caused your injuries. It is vital for you to contact a Chicago Construction Accident Attorney as soon as you can following your accident.
This is because it is of extreme importance to do a thorough investigation of your accident, to document precisely what happened and to preserve that evidence for your case. In many different types of construction accidents, the most common remedies to cover your injuries and lost wages is to file a workers compensation claim. Under Illinois law, construction contractors and companies are required to carry workers compensation insurance to cover all of their employees in the event of an accident. However, there are some situations in which you may be able to pursue further recompense for your injuries outside of workers compensation. This makes it that much more important for you to discuss your situation with a Chicago construction accident attorney who will be able to assist you in understanding your rights and obligations, as well as additional options that may be available to you.
If you are hurt while working, in order to pursue the company or individual that caused your injuries, you must be able to prove that they were at fault. This can be extremely difficult to decipher, but the best Chicago construction accident attorneys know which steps to take in order to uncover any and all evidence that proves fault. They will be able to discover any OSHA violations, safety violations, supervision inaccuracies and much more. There is a plethora of construction accidents that can occur, and often result in tragic consequences, even death. If you have been a victim of electrocution, a fall from a ladder or collapse of scaffolding, crane accident, wall or roof collapse, or any other type of injury while working on a construction site, it is vital that you contact a knowledgeable Chicago construction accident attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights. When you make the decision to employ a skilled Chicago construction accident attorney, you will be assured of protecting your rights regarding compensation for all of your pain, suffering and injuries under Illinois law. You do not have to suffer alone, nor do you have to endure undue hardship at the hands of an unscrupulous individual or company when you can retain a Chicago construction accident attorney that will stand by you and fight for your rights and protections.
If you are a loved one has suffered an injury while working in construction, contact a Chicago Construction Accident Attorney to find out what your rights and privileges are under Illinois law.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As