Updating Your Windows Software
- Author Cara Adams
- Published March 11, 2012
- Word count 314
Microsoft Windows is used by individuals, schools and businesses as the primary operating system in many desktop and laptop computers. Most software is compatible with it due to its popularity and this makes it one of the better options for using it.
Microsoft releases both large and small updates for its operating system to update bugs that are found or to add new capabilities or features. Many newer programs and versions of specific software require your operating system to be updated completely with the latest service pack or updates to even install or run properly.
You should check for updates on your Windows operating system on a regular basis. Many people choose to set the system to do it automatically once a week so they don’t forget. It only checks for crucial system updates and you may need to check manually for options such as driver updates.
The updates also need to have a designated time to install. It’s essential not to be doing anything important when the updates are installing because the operating system needs to restart before it can modify the necessary files. If a program is open and the data isn’t saved beforehand it can be lost for good.
Even if you set your system to update automatically, there is no harm in checking the update section if you’re experiencing a bug or problem getting certain software to run. While patches are typically released on the first Tuesday of the month, which is known as "Patch Tuesday," they can be released at any time if an issue calls for it.
Most individuals using Windows are adamant about keeping their systems updated. In 2008, over 500 million clients access the Windows Update service to keep their machines updates. The site itself receives approximately 90,000 page requests every second from individuals running the operating system regardless of which version they’re running.
Cara Adams is a writer who enjoys writing on a number of different verticals. For more on Windows, Average Gal offers readers information on Windows 8 operating system facts and rumors.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020
- Image masking go hand in hand
- How to Shrink the Size of My 4K UHD videos?
- Review of Top Six Free DVD Copy Software for Windows 10/7
- Want To Take Better Pictures? Read These Tips!
- What is HEVC？How HEVC better than H.264？ What are the advantages of HEVC？
- The Secret Of CLIPPING PATH SERVICE
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Price Malaysia and Specs
- iPhone Marketing Strategies - 3 Easy Methods to Go Mobile
- Digital Asset Management for Photographers
- SAM Broadcaster, how good is it?
- How do I change a wmf picture to PDF?
- Designer Kid
- New Year's Resolutions For A Radio DJ
- Hybrid Hard Drives (SSHD) and Data Recovery
- I Reinstalled Windows! Can I Recover My Data?
- Show Your Tablet Some Love, Tips And Tricks To Reduce Energy Consumption
- Making Your Wedding Photography Shoot Perfect
- Wedding Photography Changes from Yesterday to Today
- What, How and Why Clipping Path???
- Best Software for Photo Manipulation
- ABC of Clipping Path
- Have You Used Easy Video Player?
- Changing Mindsets: Digital Publishing is Not Simply a PDF
- How To Connect Your PSP To Your HD TV
- How Much Cash Do You Have To Spend To Transmit Sound Through Your Home?
- Make the Career in IT industry with MCITP: Server Administrator Certification
- The importance of a good website design
- How 3D Scanners are Used in the Precision Parts Industry