Changing Lives with Drug Rehab
- Author Shinzat Turmuleis
- Published March 4, 2012
- Word count 519
Clinical drug rehab helps thousands of addicts make lasting recoveries each year. Through advancements in neuroscience and psychology, drug rehab specialists have developed a myriad of therapies for treating even the most severe addictions. Although many laypeople still believe addiction to be an issue of willpower, it is a medical disease which requires medical treatment.
The main benefits of addiction therapies are the lifestyle changes they effect in addicts. Even the most intensive treatment plans only last three months, but addiction recovery is a lifelong struggle. People who struggle with drugs or alcohol must vigilantly apply what they learn at their treatment facilities to stay sober. Here are some of the most important life changes addicts make during drug rehab.
A positive outlook can help anyone lead a happier life, but it is especially crucial for addicts to maintain good attitudes. People who come to rehab clinics not only suffer problems with drugs and alcohol - they often have ruined careers, family lives, and friendships. Staying positive is crucial for addicts to move forward, repair what parts of their lives they can, and build new relationships and habits.
One of the most difficult aspects of drug rehab is cutting ties with drug-using friends. This is especially hard for alcoholics, who often must leave behind entire social circles to avoid drinking. The presence of active drug users is an extremely powerful addiction trigger for rehab patients, and they must avoid these people to stay sober. Fortunately, most clinics help their patients to form new friendships and acquaintances with sober, like-minded people.
Addicts' jobs often contribute to the development and continuation of their addictions. High-powered careers are often extremely stressful, and chronic stress makes it difficult to avoid relapse. Recovering addicts who have devoted years to their careers must sometimes leave those parts of their lives behind. However, such a large and difficult life change is well worth the reward of sobriety.
Better Family Dynamics
The most common forms of evidence-based therapies are individual counseling and peer group discussions. These essential treatment methods help addicts uncover the root causes of their addictions and develop personalized strategies for dealing with their cravings.
However, many clinicians also invite families to participate in therapy with their addicted relatives. They facilitate discussion in which family members talk about how their patients have hurt them all with their addictive behaviors. Families then discuss ways in which they can maintain healthy, drug-free home environments - crucial for many addicts' long-term sobriety.
A health body is essential for recovering addicts to manage drug cravings. By mitigating physical stress with proper nutrition and exercise, they can often avoid cravings altogether. In fact, vigorous exercise causes dopamine releases which produce euphoric feelings similar to those experienced during drug use. This phenomenon may even directly prevent addicts from seeking euphoric feelings from drugs.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, click the links below to find a rehab clinic near you. Addiction is a crippling disease, but proven drug rehab therapies can help you get your life back on track.
Click here for to speak to a professional from what is widely considered one of the most successful drug rehab centers in the United States.
Click here to learn more about our intensive inpatient drug rehab.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Psychdiversity of Cults
- Men at age 59: Going forward or looking back
- The power of Dopamine on your psyche
- TRUST YOUR GUT
- Subjective perception – Process
- Ayahuasca and the evolution of consciousness
- Why not live vicariously through Yourself?
- Reverse Aging Through the Art Quantum Physics
- What causes depression and how can you cope with it?
- Meet Psychiatrist to free from Mental Illness
- Are you humble or vain?
- "The one word you need in order to succeed"
- Wait for it... -- On the virtue of patience
- Don't be that guy...
- Investigative Hypnosis: Is It Effective Or Completely Bogus?
- Healing Childhood Emotional Wounds
- Depression: It's All in Your Head
- Taking Depression By The Horns!
- Effect of Brain Injuries
- Enneagram Type 4: Creativity is your hidden treasure
- How To Remember Your Dreams
- Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
- Difference between psychosis and schizophrenia
- Dr Eric Amidi on the Power of Positive Thoughts
- How to Increase Your Self-Esteem and Increase Success
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Self – Hypnosis
- Seven Ways to Maintain Eternal Happiness
- Preventing and Solving Crime by Reading the Criminal Mind
- Getting things done and stop procrastinating
- Alternative ADHD Solutions