Can an ipad be used as a Public Use Touchscren Kiosk?
- Author Chris Cowper
- Published March 7, 2012
- Word count 376
Is an ipad a kiosk? Apple ipads were developed to be personal use table computers to access the internet where ever you are with the convenience of having a portable computer without the bulkiness of a laptop of Net book. Some people are seeing ipads as kiosk solutions because interactive kiosks are one way that bricks-and-mortar retailers and companies can offer customers brilliant customer service and optimize customers' experience-to-value ratio. But can an iPad be used as a kiosk?
You can easily see why businesses would want to use ipads as kiosks, they are small and minimalistic and they have amazing software that makes everything thing viewed in the ipad look incredibly flash. However, to make the ipad theft deterrent, companies are selling the ‘ipad kiosk stand’ to house, protect and fix the ipad so that it isn’t easily taken by thieves. Having a stand for your ipad takes away the portable aspect that was valued. The bottom line is that ipad kiosks are a dream and a ‘would like to have’ the ipad remains a fantastic personal technology device, but it’s not a kiosk solution.
In answer to this conundrum, kiosk manufacturers have started to design mini kiosks, sleek and slender kiosks that have been designed for every day use and durability. Micro kiosk designs are hitting the market it address the demand for smaller sized kiosks that have all the same attractions as the ‘ipad kiosk’ concept.
Micro kiosk tick all the boxes, they are hardwearing and have greater anti vandal resistance than the ipad. Again many mini sized kiosks aren’t portable, because a portable kiosk is high risk due to theft, but they have been design with mounting in mind, so that the housing for the kiosk looks fantastic and isn’t an after thought. Product always look better when they are designed as a complete concept, because ‘add ons’ infringe the integrity of the design.
Ipad style kiosks are still in their infancy, and as technology and designers come together, more and more of these minimal style kiosks will come to the market, and we will quickly be seeing ever more impressive looking kiosks arriving in public places to improve our customer services and to enhance our retail experiences.
http://www.kiosks4business.com has perfect touch screen kiosk solutions and exciting new multi touch kiosks. We are passionate about developing high end kiosks. Check out the kiosks range http://www.kiosks4business.com/kiosks.phpArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020
- Image masking go hand in hand
- How to Shrink the Size of My 4K UHD videos?
- Review of Top Six Free DVD Copy Software for Windows 10/7
- Want To Take Better Pictures? Read These Tips!
- What is HEVC？How HEVC better than H.264？ What are the advantages of HEVC？
- The Secret Of CLIPPING PATH SERVICE
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Price Malaysia and Specs
- iPhone Marketing Strategies - 3 Easy Methods to Go Mobile
- Digital Asset Management for Photographers
- SAM Broadcaster, how good is it?
- How do I change a wmf picture to PDF?
- Designer Kid
- New Year's Resolutions For A Radio DJ
- Hybrid Hard Drives (SSHD) and Data Recovery
- I Reinstalled Windows! Can I Recover My Data?
- Show Your Tablet Some Love, Tips And Tricks To Reduce Energy Consumption
- Making Your Wedding Photography Shoot Perfect
- Wedding Photography Changes from Yesterday to Today
- What, How and Why Clipping Path???
- Best Software for Photo Manipulation
- ABC of Clipping Path
- Have You Used Easy Video Player?
- Changing Mindsets: Digital Publishing is Not Simply a PDF
- How To Connect Your PSP To Your HD TV
- How Much Cash Do You Have To Spend To Transmit Sound Through Your Home?
- Make the Career in IT industry with MCITP: Server Administrator Certification
- The importance of a good website design
- How 3D Scanners are Used in the Precision Parts Industry