What Women Want in a Multivitamin
- Author Nate Rodney
- Published March 26, 2012
- Word count 644
Are you getting enough nutrition every day? If you’re like most modern American women, constantly juggling your career, your family and your personal life, then you can bet that you’re not getting all the nutrients that you need to stay healthy. Combining low nutrition and daily stress is a recipe for a health disaster! Luckily, you can fill the nutritional gaps in your life with the help of a daily multivitamin targeted specifically for women's health. Here is some important information to help you choose the right multivitamin.
Who needs multivitamins?
Women from age one to 100 can benefit from some form a multivitamin because they're designed for women's health maintenance through the various stages of their lives.
• Menstruating women need to watch out for iron deficiency.
• Women are at greater risk of osteoporosis than men. Extra calcium in a women's multivitamin can help maintain bone health and density.
• Post-menopausal women often no longer need iron and vitamin K supplements, but can benefit from added amounts of vitamin D and vitamin B12.
• Pregnant women and nursing mothers require higher amounts of folic acid, calcium and iron to insure their baby's healthy development.
• An ideal women's multivitamin contains a good variety of
o Water and fat soluble vitamins A, B complex, C, D, E and K.
o Minerals like calcium, zinc, iron and potassium.
Choosing the best multivitamin in the market
It’s important to remember that there is no single best multivitamin for all women as health requirements change over time. It also depends on the woman’s age, fitness level and health condition. As a general rule, you should look for a multivitamin that offers nearly 100 percent of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of all the essentials vitamins and minerals. The only exception is calcium, as it’s not possible to put 100 percent of your calcium requirement in a single tablet. It may also be beneficial to look for multivitamins that are geared toward your age and level of health. Check out the suggestions below to find out more.
Women of childbearing years
It's especially important for women in their childbearing years to have an adequate amount of calcium. If you are trying to conceive or hoping to in the near future, you should look for vitamins that have at least 400 micrograms of folic acid. Women who experience regular monthly menstruation should look for multivitamins with iron to help replenish their body's store of red blood cells. It's also important for women with menstrual disorders or heavy and prolonged bleeding to find additional iron supplements.
Pregnant and lactating mothers
Women carrying another human being inside them or those nursing their precious bundle of joy should take at least 600 micrograms of folic acid a day to help promote proper fetal and infant development. Sufficient daily amounts of beta-carotene are also important because it helps protect against serious birth defects like spina bifida. Prenatal multivitamins are especially good for pregnant and nursing women as these products have been specifically formulated to keep both mother and child healthy.
A woman who no longer menstruates may not need any more additional iron. In fact, there are some studies that suggest a connection between high levels of iron in the body and heart problems. Aging women should also be cautious about taking in too much vitamin A, because going over 100 percent of the RDA can increase the risk of bone fractures. The most beneficial multivitamins for postmenopausal women contain high amounts of vitamin B12, vitamin D and calcium to help boost energy and maintain healthy skin and bones.
Modern women are always on the go, struggling to set a balance between their family and career. You may not always have time to sit down for a well-balanced meal, but thanks to multivitamins, you can still do something every day to keep yourself healthy.
eVitamins is the leading healthy lifestyle management destination across the web. It offers an array of tools, apps and other items including latest vitamin reviews, health encyclopedia, health news, etc. Whether you are looking to buy supplements/vitamins or just for information, eVitamins is the right place. You can find best vitamins including liquid vitamins at discounted prices.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"