Why bother to exercise
- Author Kieth Patterson
- Published March 22, 2012
- Word count 587
The world is just too busy. And your life, well forget about it, there's just no time in the day when you can manage to squeeze a little bit of exercise for weight loss into your schedule. Someone is always calling and interrupting your exercise routine anyway. The emails are not going to answer themselves. The bills need to get paid and don't you really deserve to spend some quality time watching television. That's pretty harmless stuff, right? And it's your life anyway and what right does someone have to tell me how I should be eating or exercising or doing anything for that matter.
Any of those ideas sound familiar at all?
If they do not, count yourself lucky. Because thoughts like these seem to appear out of thin air just when you decide to start an exercise program to lose some weight. It is almost like there is a hidden force in their minds that jumps right out in front to prevent them from starting an exercise program.
Of course, exercise helps you lose weight. The amount of weight you are going to lose depends on the type of exercise you do and the amount and the intensity. But for sure, if you increase the amount of physical exercising you are doing, you are going to burn more calories and that is a good way to drop some pounds.
Now, if you eat more than you did before with the rationalization that since you are working out you can eat more, you are probably not going to lose any weight at all. But in general if you exercise more and eat less, some weight is going to vanish into thin air.
Exercise contributes to the amount of fat loss you can experience. How hard you work out and how long your exercise periods are for can really influence the amount of calories you burn and the amount of pounds you lose. For instance if you investigate interval training on the internet you will find out that short bursts of high energy exercise are good for burning fat.
Long slow exercise like walking or jogging is also good for weight loss, but probably not at the same rate that you would release weight with interval training. There are even some interval training regimens that have you working out really hard for only 10 seconds and then resting for 10 seconds.
This kind of exercise can really get your heart pumping and astonishingly you will only need to do this for a couple of weeks to see real changes in your physique.
For sure, you will want to consult a medical professional before starting this kind of intense physical training. It is one thing to want to lose weight and quote another to work out so hard that you develop some other kind of physical issue. That is not the kind of change you need.
Starting a new physical workout schedule is the kind of thing that will really change the way you look and feel. You will also find that your entire mood change. You feel better, you feel more alive and you will feel the kind of happiness that comes from knowing you are doing something good for yourself.
Increased energy, increased happiness and decreased weight; those sound like terrific reasons to start an exercise program to lose weight as soon as you can. No reason to delay all those benefits and once you start you will never want to go back to the way you were.
There are no posted comments.
- How to Understand the Physical Exercise
- How to get built to last a lifetime
- Breath and Body Work – A tool I use with some clients within my therapeutic work.
- Two Days a Week Strength Training
- How to squat
- Physio for Jaw Pain
- Beat the January blues
- Why I love the NordicTrack Studio Cycle s22i
- How to exercise your hip flexor
- 4 Effective Weight Loss Exercises
- The Massage With Extra Benefits – Hemp Oil Body Massages
- The Many Benefits of a Sports Massage
- Top 6 Benefits of Working With A Personal Trainer
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- The Benefits of Physiotherapy
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Get A Foam Roller
- Physiotherapy: For More than Just Sports Injuries
- Dry Needling vs Acupuncture
- Promise Of Genetic Testing For The Public
- Genetic Code for Diseases Slowly Being Cracked
- Few Effective Back Pain Relief Exercises
- Search for Purpose, not Happiness
- Strength vs. Cardio: Which Should You Go For?
- How to Control Constant Knee Pain and How It Will Be Treated
- 4 Ways to get better sleep
- The Secret To Six Pack Abs
- How can Physical Activity be a great ally against Depression?
- The Power of Crystals
- Everything You Need To Know About Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Top Essential Oils for University Students