What is Alternative Health Care?
- Author Artur Cosicov
- Published March 25, 2012
- Word count 527
Alternative Health Care is not a modern creation; it has, in reality, been in existence for centuries, in fact many people believe it predates written human history. So what is Alternative Health Care? In Western Culture it is frequently defined as "a healing method that does not fall within the field of conventional medicine", e.g. medicine as practiced by M.Ds. and by allied health professionals.
Alternative Health Care includes major therapies such as:
Acupuncture – an ancient Chinese procedure involving the insertion and manipulation of needles in the body. It is used to relieve pain, such as in rheumatic conditions and to treat many other illnesses.
Alexander Technique – used to teach people how to use their bodies efficiently and effortlessly in everyday life; to use muscles in a relaxed way with a minimum of effort.
Aromatherapy and aromatherapy oils – this is suitable for all age groups and is the art of applying essential oils, usually by massage. It can be used to treat many conditions, especially depression, anger, stress and linked conditions such as headaches.
Homeopathy – This is a method of prescribing, using minerals, plants and sometimes animal remedies. It stimulates the natural healing process and as homeopathic remedies do not have side effects they can be used safely in pregnancy, young children and also elderly patients.
Osteopathy – osteopathic doctrine believes that good health involves physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the non-existence of disease, thus the whole patient must be treated taking into account not just physical symptoms but such factors as nutrition and mental habits also. Osteopathic therapy corrects muscular-skeletal abnormalities by treatment with the hands – massage, stretching, manipulation etc.
Reflexology – this involves massage of the feet and sometimes the hands. The feet contain reflex areas matching all parts of the body thus enabling the whole body to be treated as well as the body as a whole. An important factor in any natural therapy is that it allows not only the symptoms, but also the causes, to be treated.
These are just a few of the treatments that are included in Alternative Health Care. It is a very broad field and the methods are diverse in their methodologies which can incorporate or base themselves on traditional medicine, folk knowledge, spiritual beliefs or newly formulated approaches to healing. An important difference between conventional and alternative medicine is that whilst conventional medicine targets specific symptoms and their causes, Alternative Health Care has a holistic approach; that is to say it treats the whole person, promoting self-care and self-healing and acknowledging the spiritual nature of each person. The idea that the mind is important in the treatment of illness dates back more than 2000 years. Similarly, spinal manipulation dates back to ancient Greece, and was incorporated into chiropractic and osteopathic medicine in the late 19th century.
Alternative Health Care treatments are effective in treating a wide range of minor and major medical conditions. Interest in, and the use of, Alternative Health Care has grown considerably over the past few decades, both for adults and children. In a short article it is impossible to cover the countless forms of Alternative Health Care methods, their benefits and advantages.
Artur Cosicov is a free lance article writer, Blogger and Internet Marketer from RM. He mostly writes about alternative health careArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are The Most Important Pages to Include on Your New Website?
- How to Make Money by Creating a Content-Filled Website
- What are the 7 Things to Avoid at All Costs with WordPress Blogging?
- What are the Secrets of Writing Killer Blog Posts?
- What are Common Sense Guidelines for Using WordPress?
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Enhancing Oral Hygiene: The Power of Electric Toothbrushes
- Healthcare's Digital Transformation Re-eingeneered
- The Rise of Affordable Electric Toothbrushes: Affordable Dental Care at Your Fingertips
- "Vax Vacuum Parts: My Personal Guide to Keeping Your Vacuum Cleaner in Top Shape"
- Understanding Vax Vacuum Parts: A Comprehensive Guide
- "Inside the Machine: A Comprehensive Guide to Vacuum Cleaner Parts and Their Functions"
- Achieve Superior Oral Hygiene with the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush
- The Blossoming Power Of Nature: How Flowers Can Nurture Physical And Mental Wellbeing
- The Key to Establishing a Healthy Sleep Routine for Babies, Toddlers, and Children
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- How to Plan and Host a Successful Garage Sale: A Quick Guide
- Arborist Reports and Expert Consultation
- Stylish Men’s T-Shirts: Unforgettable Gift Ideas for Every Occasion!
- The Power of 3D Prototypes: Transforming Ideas into Tangible Innovations
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- How to Find the Perfect Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums: A Comprehensive Buyer's Guide
- How To Buy An Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- Parenting Influence on the Child’s Mental Health
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?