Winterfest 3D adds Magic to Your Pigeon Forge Getaway
- Author Shelia Ogle
- Published March 22, 2012
- Word count 491
Wish the wintertime fun would stretch on for months at a time? In the Smoky Mountains, it does! This is no ordinary cold-weather celebration. This is Winterfest 3D that literally shows you the magic of the season in a whole new dimension.
Beginning each November and continuing through February, Pigeon Forge is transformed into a fantasy world. Thousands of twinkling lights turn snowy evenings into an enchanted wonderland for the entire family. That, in and of itself, would be awesome. But Winterfest 3D kicks things up a notch.
A Fairy Tale Town in the Heart of the Enchanted Forrest
As the sun goes down behind the Great Smoky Mountains, you’ll catch a glimpse of winter you won’t soon forget. Tiny lights twinkle on the trees and store fronts as you wander along the streets of this quaint village. Slip on your special 3D glasses, and you’ll be amazed as each sparkling light becomes a magical snowflake that shimmers with every turn of your head. The sight is sure to delight both young and old, and stir memories of past winter fun in everyone.
The Trolley Tour of Lights offers the ideal opportunity to view this spectacular scene. Head to Patriot Park and grab a seat on one of Pigeon Forge’s famous trolleys for a comfortable, heated tour of the displays. You’ll enjoy the scenery while your guide shares the history of the area and information about other Winterfest attractions and events.
Of course daytime in Pigeon Forge is magical as well. Nestled at the foot of the Great Smoky Mountains, this charming town boasts scenic views from nearly every corner. Snow-capped mountains bring to mind tales of kings and princes, while the historical downtown district features dozens of delightful shops where you’ll be happy to spend an afternoon. Browse a nearly endless variety of fine arts and crafts created by area artists, or enjoy your time watching people pass by as you sip coffee in a quiet café.
Family Friendly Wintertime Fun
Winterfest offers plenty of entertainment options for everyone in your family. Skiing, ice sculpture competitions, craft fairs and more take place throughout the season, ensuring you’ll find something to do no matter when you schedule your trip.
Winterfest ends on a high note with a Wild-West-themed weekend featuring musicians, cowboy poets, and a chuck-wagon cook-off. Saddle Up begins February 22nd, 2012 with a Dutch-oven corn bread sampling, where you’ll get a tasty glimpse of how cowboys eat when out on the range.
On Friday, settle in for "Stories & Strings," where some of country music’s finest performers will demonstrate their talents and share stories of growing up and what influenced their love of the genre. The event concludes on Sunday with a chuck-wagon breakfast followed by cowboy church.
What are you waiting for? Come see the magic of 3D, cash in on some post-holiday bargains, and take in all the family fun.
Planning your visit? Contact Heartland Rentals today for a wide selection of Gatlinburg cabin rentals in all sizes and prices. Click to [http://www.HeartlandRentals.com](http://www.HeartlandRentals.com) for info and reservations. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking