New York City lawyers--protecting your legal rights
- Author Kesha Leon
- Published March 29, 2012
- Word count 515
New York City is one of the great commercial and artistic centers of the world; but amid the economic vibrancy there is also a good deal of legal conflict. New York City lawyers help persons resolve such matters; they help New York City residents protect their legal rights in a peaceful and civil manner.
Police brutality is one of the most unfortunate breaches of individual rights. Police brutality is the wanton use of excessive force, usually physical, but potentially in the form of verbal attacks and psychological intimidation, by a police officer. Police officers are permitted to use force, when appropriate; and for the most part, the public expect them to.
Police use of force is kept in check in many jurisdictions by the issuance of a use of force continuum. A use of force continuum sets levels of force considered appropriate in direct response to a subject's behavior. This power is granted by the civil government, with limits set out in statutory law as well as common law. However, in dealing with disorderly persons or groups in society, some law enforcement officials gradually develop an attitude or sense of authority over society; in some cases the police believe that they are above the law. When police exceed the strictures that have been placed on their use of force, it is the job of a New York Police Brutality Lawyer to ensure that the officers responsible are held to account.
Personal injury is another common legal dispute in New York City. A personal injury lawsuit refers to a type of tort lawsuit alleging that the plaintiff's injury has been caused by the negligence of another. The most common types of personal injury claims are road traffic accidents, accidents at work, tripping accidents, assault claims, accidents in the home, product defect accidents (product liability) and holiday accidents.
If the negligence of another party can be proved, the injured party may be entitled to monetary compensation from that party. New York personal injury lawyers help the aggrieved party pursue their legal claims in court. Indeed, having an attorney in such personal injury lawsuits is often essential because cases can become extremely complex.
The term personal injury also incorporates medical and dental accidents. These accidents can also fall under the rubric of medical malpractice. Medical malpractice is professional negligence by act or omission by a health care provider in which the treatment provided falls below the accepted standard of practice in the medical community and causes injury or death to the patient. Standards and regulations for medical malpractice vary by country and jurisdiction within countries.
New York medical malpractice attorneys can help victims of medical malpractice pursue their legal claims for compensation. Compensatory damages from such a lawsuit may be both economic and non-economic. Economic damages include financial losses such as lost wages, medical expenses and life care expenses. These damages may be assessed for past and future losses. Non-economic damages are assessed for the injury itself: physical and psychological harm, such as loss of vision, loss of a limb or organ, or severe pain and emotional distress.
It is important that you select the proper New York Police Brutality Lawyer for your case.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements