Helping ordinary people pursue legitimate legal claims
- Author Kesha Leon
- Published April 8, 2012
- Word count 518
Amidst the vibrancy of New York City there are regular conflicts over individual and civil rights. New York City lawyers help persons resolve such matters by representing client interests in a variety of cases. New York City personal injury lawyers, medical malpractice lawyers, and police brutality lawyers serve a vital role in assisting the ordinary citizens of the city pursue legal claims when they have been victims of abuse, negligence, or recklessness.
Police misconduct refers to inappropriate actions taken by police officers in connection with their official duties. Police brutality is one of the most egregious examples of police misconduct. Police brutality is the wanton use of excessive force by a police officer, including physical force, verbal attacks, and psychological intimidation.
Although most of the public accept that police officers must use force on certain occasions, they also understand that limits must be imposed on when and how such force can be used. A use of force continuum, established by statutory and common law, sets levels of force considered appropriate in direct response to a subject's behavior. When police exceed these strictures, it is the job of a New York Police Brutality Lawyer to ensure that the officers responsible are held to account.
New York City residents must also protect their legal rights in case of an injury caused by another person. A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who provides legal representation to those who claim to have been injured, physically or psychologically, as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, government agency, or other entity. New York personal injury lawyers help the injured party pursue their legal claims in court.
Also referred to as a plaintiff lawyer, a personal injury lawyer is responsible for interviewing prospective clients and evaluating their cases to determine the legal matter, identify the distinct issues rooted within the plaintiff's larger problem, and extensively research every issue to build a strong case. The ultimate professional responsibility of a personal injury lawyer is to help plaintiffs obtain the justice and compensation they deserve for their losses and suffering through advocacy, oral arguments, client counseling, and legal advice.
Medical malpractice may also fall under the category of personal injury. Medical malpractice is an act of professional negligence by a health care provider. In most cases it involves treatment which falls below the accepted standard of practice in the medical community and causes injury or death to the patient.
Like all other tort cases, in medical malpractice cases the plaintiff or their attorney files a lawsuit in a court with appropriate jurisdiction. Between the filing of suit and the trial, the parties are required to share information through discovery. Such information includes interrogatories, requests for documents and deposition. If both parties agree that wrongdoing has occurred, then the case may be settled pre-trial on negotiated terms. If the parties cannot agree, the case will proceed to trial. It is important to remember that both personal injury lawsuits and medical malpractice lawsuits can become extremely complex; it is therefore important to have a lawyer to represent your interests in such judicial proceedings.
Each case is different. Make sure that you do the proper research before settling on the proper New York Police Brutality Lawyer for yours.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Top 7 Spoilers To Avoid in Business Contract Drafting
- The Role Of An Estate Planning Attorney
- Checklist To Discuss With Your Estate Planning Attorney
- What Is The Difference Between a Will vs Trust?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- What Type of Issues Does Family Law Address?