What to do when injured or hurt in an accident or by an overzealous policeman
- Author Rene Gates
- Published April 8, 2012
- Word count 513
Usually when one is hurt or injured in an accident there is a lot of blame assigning. Usually however it is fairly clear who the 'at fault' party is. In the case of car accidents the legal system requires fault to be established and based on such fault the injured parties are justified in making claims.
If one is so injured and tries to initiate a claim against an insurance company then one is likely to initially get a repudiation of this claim. If one persists then the Insurance company will go to extraordinary lengths to investigate the circumstances and do their best to reduce their liability. Given that there are often many spurious claims against insurance companies the attitude is perhaps understandable. Nevertheless a person who has been injured in a car accident, not his fault, usually has not got time to wait.
Hospitals want to know that they are going to get payment, usually before they begin more than rudimentary treatment, and if it is a serious injury then the hospital and medical bills are going to start escalating quickly. In addition the injured may have other stresses, his or her normal everyday household expenses will not cease because they are in hospital, nor will the demands of the family for support. But the income may dry up. If an injured party has a broken leg a minimum of 6 weeks recovery is required before he can be hobbling about on crutches. Depending on the job his income may cease well before the 6 weeks are up.
So New York personal injury lawyers would short cut this process as they have experience of making claims that will not get bogged down in bureaucracy. Their job as they see it is to ensure that their clients are rapidly covered for all medical expenses, including likely future recuperation costs and physical therapy. In addition they will endeavor to get a decent award for "pain and suffering".
This award is unlikely to be huge unless the injury sustained will lead to permanent disability or severe disfigurement. Usually the very big awards are for life altering injuries such as brain damage, paraplegia or amputations. The monetary award usually won't compensate for injury.
The police have a very hard job to do and are often faced with dangers and challenges as well as violence. Nevertheless they are subject to a strict code of behavior. When depriving a person of their liberty and making an arrest there are procedures that have to be followed. The reading of the Miranda rights. Correct search and seizure as well as legal warrants as the case may be
A New York Police Brutality Lawyer is very happy to consult with anybody who feels that their rights to liberty and not to being brutalized have in anyway been contravened. If it has been found that the police have exceeded their authority than there may well be a case for a suit against the police authority. These cases have in the past resulted in large financial awards being given to the victims of police brutality.
Make sure to do your research before settling on a New York Police Brutality Lawyer.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Reason To Pursue A Personal Injury Case
- Divorce Lawyer/Attorney to Take Care of Your Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- The LA Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents