Facebook Targeting By Zip Code
- Author Jen Sheahan
- Published April 11, 2012
- Word count 409
This past August, Facebook rolled out a new targeting option for ads.
We’ve always been able to target by location, but could only get as specific as city. Now we can advertise directly to users in specific neighborhoods using zip code targeting.
So far, this feature appears to only be available to US advertisers, but I can only imagine this will expand to other countries soon.
Who Can Benefit from Zip Code Targeting?
Right off the bat, I can think of a few particular groups that will benefit the most.
Small Local Businesses Looking for Hyper-Local Traffic
A cafe looking for lunchtime foot-traffic from neighboring office buildings.
A corner grocery store wanting to advertise only to those in its neighborhood.
A taxi company looking to target users in remote areas of the city where public transportation isn’t available.
Realtors who want to increase business in certain areas
Nationwide or Citywide Chains With Local Branches
Larger chains that may have several branches in one city can advertise directly to those in neighboring areas. This is ideal when certain branches are just opening or are struggling to gain clients, while others are more established and not needing to advertise.
Zip code targeting allows even more control over who ads are delivered to.
Residents in the eastern part of the city worried about crime control? Deliver a ‘Tough on Crime’ ad.
Residents in the western part concerned about high property taxes? Roll out your ‘Reduce taxes’ ad.
Why target the entire city when you know most of your parishioners will want to attend a church nearby?
Doing some fundraising? Why not reach out to nearby homeowners, and not just the parents of your students?
Looking to increase enrollment, or get the word out about an upcoming registration deadline? Use zip code targeting to replace or supplement email and door-to-door campaigns.
As if Facebook didn’t have enough targeting options already! I’m not complaining, mind you.
Is it possible that eventually we’ll be able to target by street? By what school our children attend? By what places we’ve checked into?
What do you think is next in terms of location-based targeting?
Having a food drive or looking for donations? You’re much more likely to receive a response from those in your own neighborhood with whom you’ve already established credibility.
These are my tips on using zio code targeting for your advertising.
Jennifer Sheahan is the founder of The Facebook Ads Lab, a full-service ads agency specializing in Facebook PPC ads. The FBAdsLab provides ad campaign management, training, and mentor programs for marketers. The goal of the FBAdsLab is to help business owners learn all they need to know to be successful in advertising on Facebook; to take control of their traffic so they can stay ahead of their competition and be leaders in their field.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Will 2022 be the year of the LinkedIn business influencer?
- How to Rank Better for Local Searches on Google
- 3 Marketing Strategies Your Retail Business Needs
- Tiger Locksmith and Security Lays Down the Major Aspects of Fire-Rated Doors
- The media as a tool in successful agribusiness education in Zambia
- What is Our Dynamic Services Approach?
- Unique Branding Ideas to Use On Instagram
- 5 content writing tools that everyone should know in 2022
- What Is Kraft Paper Boxes?
- How to showcase a product on Amazon for a successful sale
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 5 Main Reasons to Use an SMM Panel
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- SEO or PPC? What to choose for your business?
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations