Risks Of Cell Phone Usage While Driving Vehicles
- Author Steven Malman
- Published April 13, 2012
- Word count 599
Cell phone use while driving is highly controversial and an extremely debated topic for discussion all over the world. Every year millions of people all over the world die in accidents triggered by cell phone use while driving. Even though everybody is aware of the dangers of cell phone use while driving people generally turn a deaf ear to the government appeal of giving up cell phone usage while driving. More and more people have starting valuing the texts and the calls on cell phone more than their own life and several other innocent lives on road. Although banning cell phone use while driving might have worked positively for some states, the majority of the people are too unaware to pay attention to the ban.
Injured petitioners have still won cases, but had their claims reduced because they were using a cell phone. In such a case, the court will usually reduce the settlement by a percentage of the determined liability. Simply using a cell phone during an accident is not evidence of liability in all authority. Certain activities done during driving is considered unsafe by any Chicago injury lawyer; such activities are listed below
•Driving with one hand,
•Taking your eyes off the road to dial or pick up a cell phone,
•Simply being distracted from surroundings because of your own or a passenger's cell use,
•Being distracted by an emotional call.
A good first step in proving liability is to prove that a defendant acted in any of the above mentioned ways. When an employee causes a car accident, the employer may be liable if the employee was on a work-related call. Petitioner usually takes legal action against employers because they are more likely to have the money to pay for an accident. To counteract this, most employers forbid their employees to make any work calls while driving. This act is used as a shield to protect the company from any type of liability resulting from carelessness during driving due to use of cell phone.
Another important section of law to consider is the one that covers parent-child liability for cell use; Chicago has special cell laws for teen drivers. Teens without full license are not allowed to drive by law, on top of that using a cell phone while driving is double violation of law. Recently, some petitioners have argued that if any parents provide a minor with a cell phone which triggers a car accident due to conversation while driving, then the parents are liable for the accident. However, it is something that all parents should be conscious of. On the other hand, insurance companies generally increase premiums and might not even pay when cell phone use is involved in any accident, so be careful. Though cell phones play a vital role in our society, the convenience they offer may be coming at a very high price.
At the Law Offices of Malman & Associates, the resource rich personal injury lawyers of Steven J. Malman & Associates strive to deliver compassionate and attentive service for clients. Choose to retain them, and you will pay zero fees unless they can collect for you via either a settlement out of court or via a verdict at trial. Their experienced Chicago personal injury lawyer works to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If you are not able to go to the firm, they will come to you and will provide legal consultation services with no obligation fees.
If your loved one is the victim of wrongful death, call now at 1-888-625-6265 for free legal consultation
Steven J. Malman is the founder of the Law Offices of Steven J. Malman and Associates, P.C. based in Chicago, Illinois. He has dedicated his entire legal career to protecting the rights of injured persons and helping them obtain the largest financial recovery possible for their injuries. Visit to know more on www.malmanlaw.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Reason To Pursue A Personal Injury Case
- Divorce Lawyer/Attorney to Take Care of Your Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- The LA Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents