How CoQ10 Can Benefit Your Health
- Author Nate Rodney
- Published April 23, 2012
- Word count 527
Did you know that there is a supplement that can strengthen your heart, muscles and organs? Coenzyme Q10 has started receiving a lot of attention due its potential health benefits. Still, many people who should be taking it aren’t because they have no idea about its effects.
What is Coenzyme Q10?
Understanding CoQ10 will make you realize how important this substance is to help keep your body active and healthy. Your cells have a structure called mitochondria that takes fats and sugars and turns them into energy. It’s responsible for 95 percent of your cellular energy. Cellular energy is what it takes to keep your body functioning well.
The process is quite simple and makes you realize how important it is to eat well. When you eat, CoQ10 helps break down and process food. The mitochondria then takes the fats and sugars from what you consumed and that energy helps cell growth and maintenance.
This process happens constantly to ensure you remain healthy. However, without enough CoQ10 in your body, you may suffer from heart or muscular issues. Many people report not being able to recoup after exercising, this is one of the first signs of a deficiency in this substance.
What Causes CoQ10 Deficiency
Medication use is the number one reason why some people have low levels of CoQ10. High cholesterol medication seems to be the main culprit but it’s also been found that diabetes medication can do the same.
Supplementing Coenzyme Q10
Some people who suffer from heart failure, cancer, muscular dystrophy and periodontal disease are deficient in CoQ10. One way people with this deficiency raise their levels is by eating foods high in CoQ10 or taking supplements.
Foods High in CoQ10
• Soy oil
Some people, who have difficulty recovering from exercise, take CoQ10 supplements because they report that it helps their muscles recoup after an intense workout.
Other Benefits of CoQ10
• Studies have found that it improves heart function in many individuals with heart disease.
• Many physicians prescribe CoQ10 supplements for people with diabetes because it lowers blood sugar and decreases their need for insulin.
• Individuals with gum disease have found that if they take this supplement their gums heal faster.
• Recent news has found that a deficiency in CoQ10 causes some people to be obese. Taking a supplement may help these people lose weight much more efficiently and maintain a healthy weight.
Precautions with CoQ10
While this substance has many benefits, it can also cause many health issues if taken in excess.
• Taking CoQ10 in excess may cause insomnia.
• Research has shown that taking CoQ10 for a prolonged period of time may raise liver enzyme levels.
• CoQ10 can lower blood sugar and blood pressure levels and cause dizziness.
Speak with Your Doctor
Before you start taking any supplements, speak to your doctor. He will be able to help you understand whether or not you have a deficiency in CoQ10 and if you need to take the supplement. It’s important to let him know of any other supplements or medications you are taking so he can advise you of drug interactions and potential side effects.
eVitamins is the leading healthy lifestyle management destination across the web. We offer an array of tools, apps and other items to help you take control of your own health! Whether you are looking for information or just shopping for vitamins or supplements, we're confident we can help you. Get discounts on vitamins and supplements from various brands including the popular Now Foods and Garden of Life.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure