Spring Break Never Looked as Good as it does in Tennessee
- Author Jim Watson
- Published April 21, 2012
- Word count 512
By Jim Watson
Year after year you pack up the kids and head for the beach for spring break. This year try something new. Celebrate the return of warm weather in a new place – the Great Smoky Mountains.
Watch the Mountains Come Alive
There’s simply no prettier time to visit the Great Smoky Mountains than spring. With more than 800 miles of hiking and riding trails, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to experience the area coming alive. The forest is filled with wildflowers of every color, deer and other wildlife scamper and play, and streams burble and flow with winter runoff. A day spent hiking the trails will leave you feeling refreshed and help you shake off the last of winter’s chill. Like a bear after a long winter nap, you’ll be ready to face the world again.
The more adventurous are invited to strap on a helmet and harness and experience the mountains from high in the air. Zipline tours let you soar like a bird from tree to tree while the breeze whips your hair back and the ground rushes beneath you at lightning speed. You’ll soar ever higher, stopping to perch in the treetops and snap a picture of the countryside, before taking off again on another leg of the journey.
Or hop on a horse for a leisurely tour of the backcountry, cowboy style. New riders can choose an hour or two in the saddle, while the more experienced will love the opportunity to spend an entire day riding the trails. In fact, you can even choose to camp out under the stars just as the early settlers to the area did.
Entertainment for the Entire Family
If you and the kids prefer a more active vacation, head to Dollywood for a truly memorable day. The newest coaster, Wild Eagle, opens in March 2012 and promises thrill seekers a ride they won’t soon forget. Youngsters will enjoy the mystical and magical Professor Seymour Tricks, and kids of all ages will appreciate a hot afternoon spent at Splash Country.
For a different kind of adventure, hop aboard the Aerial Tram for a trip to Ober Gatlinburg. Perched atop Mt. Harrison you’ll find plenty of family fun, including arcade games, an indoor ice arena, and Wildlife Encounter, where you’ll meet many of the animals that call the mountains home.
Jump on the scenic chair lift for a beautiful ride up the side of the mountain. Not only will you love the view from the top, but the ride down on the Alpine Slide will thrill young and old alike. You’ll plunge down one of two 1800-foot tracks, twisting and turning through the trees and along the ski trails. It’s like a toboggan run for fans of summer weather.
Don’t let this year’s spring break turn into just another day at the beach. Instead, see the amazing scenery and one-of-a-kind attractions the Great Smoky Mountains have to offer. You and your entire family will be delighted at the change of pace.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering lodging near Pigeon Forge. Cabin rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking