Escape the Political Drama with a Well-Timed Vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains
- Author Shelia Ogle
- Published April 28, 2012
- Word count 601
Political ads interrupt your favorite television shows. Automated phone calls disturb your meals. Endless coverage on the news makes you almost wish for a playoff game just to have something else to talk about – and the elections are still months away. Tired of the red versus blue debate? Head for the Great Smoky Mountains where everything is green and the only mudslinging happens on the horse ranch.
Take a Wild Ride at Dollywood
In Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, the only ticket you need to worry about is the one that gets you through the gate at Dollywood. You and your family will enjoy disconnecting from the world for a day and just hanging out together, riding the coasters, seeing the shows, and relaxing at the county fair. Turn off your cell phone and ignore the political turmoil for a few hours while you enjoy some down-home country fun, Dollywood style.
First stop for the adventurous is the brand new Wild Eagle. Set to open in March 2012, the first "wing" coaster in the country promises everyone who dares a screaming good time. With plummeting dives and stomach-turning rolls, you’ll feel as if you’ve joined a real bird of prey on the hunt. After you land, head over to Dollywood’s eagle sanctuary to get up close and personal with the real thing. This stately symbol of American pride is just the thing to remind you that our country is still great – even in an election year.
If a heart-stopping flight through the treetops isn’t your thing, perhaps a little magic and music is what you need. The Pines Theatre hosts Dreamland Drive-In, a toe-tapping look back at the era of sock hops and poodle skirts. Life sure seemed a lot simpler then, and when you take off on this musical memory tour, you’re sure to forget all about politics for a while.
The littlest family members will be clamoring for a front-row seat to see Dollywood’s favorite illusionist, Professor Seymour Tricks. You’ll all be mystified by his amazing sleight of hand and delighted by his sense of humor. Like all the other Dollywood attractions, Professor Seymour Tricks has a knack for helping you forget the world outside.
Get Back to Nature
If there’s any question about Tennessee’s political leanings, a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains offers plenty of opportunity to see her true colors. The pink and yellow of spring blooms, the brilliant turquoise sky, and a thousand shades of green cover the landscape from horizon to horizon. And with more than 800 miles of groomed trails, you’ll find ample room to just relax and watch the show.
Hike, bike, or ride a horse deep into the woods to get a glimpse of the wilderness as the early settlers saw it. Crystal clear streams burble and sing as the water cascades over moss-covered rocks, and shallow pools invite thirsty critters to take a drink. You’ll hear tiny woodland creatures scuttling about in the brush, and perhaps even catch a glimpse of a whitetail deer as she bounds across a clearing.
For a truly unique view of the mountains, catch a ride on a zipline. Strap on a harness and helmet, and in minutes you’ll be soaring from tree to tree like a bird in flight. The cool breeze carries the scent of wildflowers in bloom, and everywhere you look is pure, unspoiled wilderness.
Think you can’t possibly listen to another political commercial without losing your mind? Turn off your television, unplug the laptop, and head for the Great Smoky Mountains.
Planning your visit? Contact Heartland Rentals today for a wide selection of Gatlinburg cabin rentals in all sizes and prices. Click to www.HeartlandRentals.com for info and reservations. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking