Top reasons to invest in the stock market
- Author Tim Huang
- Published April 28, 2012
- Word count 421
There are a lot of reasons why people may want to invest in the stock market. Here are some of the top reasons why people think that playing the stock market is a great investment strategy:
Financial Freedom – This is the main reason why most people are interested in the stock market. Some of us are not satisfied with our day jobs and are looking for an escape from the typical 9-5 workday. Others would just like to make some extra money. Investing in stocks can give you that financial freedom. In fact, many traders earn a living from just trading stocks. Day traders buy and sell stocks frequently, buying stocks when the prices are low, and making hefty gains when they sell at high prices. The downside is that as easy as it may sound, it is actually not that easy. There is a risk that you will lose money in the stock market. Not everyone can make money from investing in the stock market, especially if you just speculate. However, with the right amount of dedication and research, you may find yourself making money from investing and giving yourself that financial freedom.
Saving for Future/Retirement – Instead of actively trading invest in stocks for the long term. This is the passive method of investing, where you buy certain stocks and hold it over time. This strategy is good if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands. You still need to monitor your portfolio from time to time but you don’t need to actively trade. For example, imagine if you had bought Google or Apple a few years ago and held it until now. Your investment would have skyrocketed without having the need to actively trade.
Diversification – Investing in stocks is one method to keep a diversified portfolio. This is important because you don’t want to keep all your eggs in one basket. Along with investing in bonds, mutual funds, and your 401(k) plan, stocks will help diversify your portfolio further. Diversification will allow you to reduce your risk by allocating your money to different investments. That way if one financial instrument is doing poorly, it won’t impact your portfolio as much.
Reasons why people may want to invest in the stock market are not only limited to the ones I have listed above. There are actually many more reasons why others invest in the stock market. For example, some people just like to invest for fun and like the thrill of it.
I'm a full time trader and founder of Stock Screener. You can learn more
about stock trading and get a copy of my free ebook Stock Market Winners at my Swing Trading blog.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to find the best Forex signals?
- What type of regulation to expect in finance in 2020
- Top forex trading tips
- Third world countries where trading is most popular
- Forex Reviews 2020 by Top Forex Brokers Reviews
- 4 things to look for before investing in a stock
- What Forex Brokerages Should Look For in a Forex Trading Platform
- Does the license of a brokerage determine how worthwhile it is for traders?
- How to review a Forex Broker
- How to Use Oil Prices As A Signal in Currency Exchange
- How An Investor Can Use A Financial App To Select The Best Stocks?
- Should We Trade With Brokers With Lowest Spreads?
- 5 Lowest Spread Forex Brokers Review
- The Strategies from the Genus’ of Investing: Investing style is a mater of finding your personality type and risk tolerance
- Market Numbers Through 2017... Not Quite as Impressive as You Think
- Investing In Gold Smart Strategy
- Long Term Investing
- Variation Of Metatrader Platforms
- Determinant Of Exchange Rate
- Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD)
- Investing in Driverless Vehicle Technology
- Gold Notes Investing
- Stock Market Today
- How To Tell If A Penny Stock Is Legit
- Approach Experts to Garner Assistance with Forex Transaction Matters
- Forex market participant
- Use Stop Losses To Keep Losses Small
- Cyprus Investment Firms: FOREX
- Paul Chehade - Helpful Stock Market Tips From The Pros
- Paul Chehade - Check Out These Great Stock Market Tips