Help Celebrate Dollywood’s Newest Partnership with a Trip to Tennessee’s Favorite Amusement Park
- Author Jim Watson
- Published May 10, 2012
- Word count 509
Dollywood might have started out just a dream for Pigeon Forge native Dolly Parton, but in the 25 years since its creation, the theme park has become one of Tennessee’s premier destinations. Now there’s even more reason for celebration as Dollywood teams up with Gaylord Entertainment to build the country’s first water and snow park near Nashville, TN. Slated to open in 2014, the 105-acre park is sure to become a favorite family vacation spot.
No Stranger to Water Parks
Want a sneak peek at what you might expect from this new adventure? Head to Dollywood’s Splash Country for a wet and wild time.
Slick Rock Racer pits family members against each other in a slippery slide to the finish line. Plunge head first along a water-drenched channel, flying over a series of small hills as you race to the bottom. Or climb aboard an inflatable raft for a whitewater rafting adventure at Big Bear Plunge. Hang on tight, because this is one wild ride.
For younger guests, there’s the Bear Mountain Fire Tower, where you can climb through several levels of watery fun. Fire a water cannon at your friends, plunge down one of seven slides, or grab hold of a slide pole for a quick trip to ground level. Just be sure to listen for the alarm bells, because when they sound, a giant bucket is about to drench you with 1000 gallons of good clean fun.
Beach lovers will enjoy Mountain Waves, where you can float gently in the waves, or simply sit poolside and soak up the sun. It might be far from the ocean breezes, but an afternoon at Mountain Waves will surely feel like a day at the beach.
More Family Fun at Dollywood
There’s more to Dollywood than just water, though. The newest coaster, Wild Eagle, will take you soaring through the treetops just like an eagle in flight. You’ll dive nearly 20 stories before barreling into a loop that will leave you breathless. Sudden turns and heart-stopping plunges – all while dangling from the "wings" of this giant bird – will thrill even the most experienced coaster aficionado.
If you’re looking for something a little tamer, head over to the County Fair. Here you’ll find all your favorites from yesteryear, including a Ferris wheel, a carousel, and the Train Depot, where you can catch a ride for a leisurely tour of the park.
For a little indoor fun, be sure to check out the many shows Dollywood hosts. Professor Seymour Tricks entertains young and old alike with his magical humor, while grownups will enjoy the gospel music of the Kingdom Heirs. And everyone will get a kick out of Dreamland Drive-In, a musical look back at the 50s and 60s.
Dollywood’s newest park might not open until 2014, but you can get a taste of what’s in store right now with a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. Surrounded by the grandeur of the Great Smoky Mountains, Dollywood is sure to become a favorite destination for your family.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering lodging near Pigeon Forge. Cabin rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking