Join the 62nd Annual Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage in Gatlinburg, TN
- Author Jon Hoffman
- Published April 28, 2012
- Word count 518
By Jon Hoffman
Cabin fever got you down? Are gray skies and the seemingly endless cold weather leaving you feeling a bit cranky and out of sorts? A spring getaway is just what you need to put those dreary winter days behind you. Take a magical trip to the Great Smoky Mountains for five days of gorgeous wildflowers and stunning scenery unlike anywhere else on earth.
Guided Tours through a Lush Wilderness
Imagine the warm sun on your face and the fresh woodsy smell of the forest as you wander along the scenic trails of the Great Smoky Mountains. Squirrels and chipmunks skitter through the underbrush, busy with their spring tasks, as a doe and her fawn stop to drink from a cool stream. Overhead, the lush green trees form a canopy where dozens of birds sing to one another. And all around you is the spectacular proof of spring: thousands of wildflowers in full bloom.
Enjoy the peak of the wildflower season when you visit between April 24 and April 28, 2012. Spend time exploring on your own, or sign up for one of more than 130 professionally guided tours, where you’ll learn not only about the flowers and wildlife, but also about the culture and history of the area.
Specialty programs offer something for everyone at this year’s event. Experienced bird watchers will enjoy learning about the area’s unique species while on the birding excursion. "Going Natural in the Garden" helps you incorporate nature into your own landscape. And the "Scavenger Hunt" offers a fun, interactive way to learn about the area wildflowers.
Don’t Forget to Pack Your Camera
The hundreds of varieties of flowers, trees, and animals that call this region home will surely attract the attention of even the most casual of photographers. Delicate blooms surrounded by a sea of green, a tiny speckled fawn, or perhaps even a black bear basking in the sun would all make stunning photos to remember your spring excursion to the Smokies. And who knows? You might even win a prize.
Whether you’re a pro or simply love to snap a photo or two, you’re invited to participate in this year’s photography contest. A panel of judges will award prize ribbons to the winners in each of four categories, including flora, fauna, landscape, and youth produced. Prizes for the 2012 competition will be awarded on Friday, April 27, just prior to the Artisan Awards Ceremony.
Other Adventures Await You
When you’ve had enough of the peace and tranquility of the backcountry, head to Pigeon Forge for some good old family fun times at the area’s most famous attraction, Dollywood. From water slides to rollercoasters to musical entertainment, Dollywood has something to offer everyone in your group. Spend a day or a weekend taking in the sights and sounds of Tennessee’s favorite amusement park.
Celebrate the changing of the seasons with a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains. No other place is as friendly, and nowhere else will you find the vast variety of flowers and wildlife you’ll enjoy during your Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage.
Jon Hoffman is Reservations Manager of Volunteer Cabin Rentals specializing in Smoky Mountain rental cabins in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, TN. Visit them today at http://www.volunteercabinrentals.com to book cabins for weddings, vacations, reunions and other special events. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking