Abortion Clinics: Counseling Patients on Their Choice
- Author James Pendergraft
- Published March 19, 2012
- Word count 625
It is estimated that 33 percent of women in the U.S. will have an abortion at some point in their life. This means that there are a lot of women in the United States that know of or have had an abortion. The choice to have an abortion is never easy. It is one of the most difficult times in a woman's life as there is much anxiety, restlessness, fatigue, fear, guilt, embarrassment, shame, scared, loneliness, failure, doom, traumatic, depression and crying all occur when it comes to the thoughts of carrying an unwanted pregnancy. Though there are many women who have gone through an abortion personally, there are still 66% of the population that have never had an abortion. It is a time for denial and then coming to the decision on what to do with being pregnant and it being unexpected. Should the woman put the pregnancy up for adoption, or should she try to keep the child or abort the pregnancy. The bottom line on this subject is that a woman who has the intelligence to sit down with a pen and piece of paper along with help from what she reads and gathers through consultation will help her make the decision on what is the best choice for her situation. It is not what is best for anyone else or the author. The decision to terminate a pregnancy is ultimately a private matter between the patient and her Physician.
The decision to have an abortion is based on physical, emotional, psychological, family, age, fetal abnormalities and genetic defects. If a pregnancy threatens a woman's life or health, then the woman has to decide on whether she should terminate or continue the pregnancy. There are many instances where women die before, during or shortly after giving birth for numerous reasons even when the woman is healthy. It makes no rational sense for a woman to not have the ultimate decision regarding the loss of her life knowing that she has a medical condition that has a high chance of killing her.
Abortion facilities have phone counselors available during the day, and some have medical personnel available after hours to discuss patients concerns regarding being pregnant and what her options are. There are a few medical personnel that use e-mail to communicate with patients who may be reluctant to talk to medical staff on the phone regarding their pregnancy.
The choice to give a child up for adoption is very difficult for patients. It rarely happens. The reason is mainly because the woman feels that she could not accept having a child in the world somewhere and she has nothing to do with it. It is psychologically devastating for most women. In addition; there is the privacy issue. There would be people who may know the patient was pregnant and would be embarrassing to her or her family if the pregnancy continues.
Deciding to keep or terminate a pregnancy is one of the most difficult times in a woman's life. It is OK to get information from as many people as possible including prayer, clergy, parents, Physicians, and close family and friends. Most women choose not to discuss an unwanted pregnancy with too many people.
In summary, it is important to get truthful and informed information in order to make the best decision for a woman to continue or terminate her pregnancy. Abortion facilities are one of the best places to go to get information on abortion. There is no encouragement to have an abortion. It is left up to the patient on what she ultimately wants to do. If a woman is indecisive, she is sent home for her to think seriously about whether an abortion procedure is the right thing for her.
James Scotty -
Abortion Clinic Miami Florida Dr.Pendergraft opened the Center to provide services including Abortion Clinic West Palm Beach physical examinations, family planning, counseling and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Hypnotherapy
- The classical Periodontal treatment protocol
- Laser therapy for peri-implantitis
- Healing Prostatitis By Non-surgical Treatment
- anxiety disorder treatment
- Applications of Low-Level laser therapy in dental practice
- Abortion pill what is Medical abortion
- How do implant doctors use dental laser effectively
- How To Choose Pharma Bottle?
- What is Gynaecology?
- What Clinical Symptoms Does Prostatitis Have And How To Treat It
- Why Do Health Insurers Require Prior Authorization?
- 7 Reasons Why Infertility can ruin Your Marriage.
- What Birth Control method is best for me?
- Causes of insomnia: what are they?
- Vestibuloplasty Procedure using Dental Diode Lasers
- 5 Effective tips to fight stress at work
- Get Abortion Pill Online to Easily Terminate the Unwanted Gestation
- Which vaccinations are recommended during pregnancy?
- The minimally invasive hip replacement
- Help For Pain Behind The Knee
- End the Gestation Early with the Mtp Kit
- How To Have Twins: a Fertility Expert tells you the truth
- The coronavirus - what exactly is it?
- Management of Unerupted Lateral Incisor by LASER Assisted Surgical Exposure
- Psychiatric Nursing: All Your Questions Answered
- What face mask to use to protect against SARS-CoV-2?
- Why Outsource Your DME Billing?
- Bacterial lysates, or immunization vaccines for children
- Coronavirus: Disinfecting Your Scrubs