How To Select a Monmouth County Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer
- Author Webb Martin
- Published June 15, 2012
- Word count 546
It is common knowledge that being convicted of drug or alcohol DUI can lead to serious problems. Those charged with these types of offenses need a Red Bank Drug Charges Lawyer working on their behalf as soon as possible. It is important to remember that being charged with an offense is not the same as being convicted in court of those charges. A Monmouth County Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer can help protect your rights and present a strong case as you move through the process.
In New Jersey, a DUI conviction carries some serious consequences. For starters, a conviction on DUI or DWI charges will lead to a mandatory suspension of your driver's license. The length of time that you can lose your driving privileges will vary, depending on your past history with DUI's as well as other factors. Working with a Monmouth County drunk driving defense lawyer is the best way to mitigate those factors in court.
In addition to loss of driving license, you may also face stiff fines, court costs, being forced to install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle and jail time. Again, the level of sentencing will depend on many factors, but any level of these penalties can be serious for most individuals. When you work with a Red Bank drug charges lawyer who is also skilled in DUI cases, your chances of being successful in court are significantly improved. This is not the time to represent yourself in a court of law. Not when there is so much riding on the court's decision.
An experienced Monmouth County drunk driving defense lawyer will know the NJ state laws inside and out and this knowledge can help you throughout the process. Many of those charged with DUI in New Jersey wait days before contacting an attorney. This is often a mistake. It is always in your best interest to contact an experienced Red Bank drug charges lawyer as soon as possible after the initial stop and booking. You have rights that are guaranteed under the law and exercising those rights, including the right to see a lawyer upon arrest, are important.
Keep in mind that in the state of New Jersey, law enforcement officers have two main ways of collecting evidence in DUI cases. The first is through the so-called breathalyzer, which is also known as the Alcotest. The second way that they collect evidence is through the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. What you need to know is that if either of these tests is not conducted and administered correctly, the results of those tests can be thrown out which means that they cannot be used in a court of law.
Besides the obvious, why is it important to know this? It is important because when you are selecting a Monmouth County drunk driving defense lawyer, you want to hire an attorney or law firm that has practical experience with these tests and the laws surrounding them. Not all Red Bank drug charges lawyers will have the same level of experience and expertise when it comes to these tests. Always attempt to work with attorneys who can question the manner in which the tests were conducted. Having these test results thrown out of court may result in your case being dismissed.
Visit this site to learn more about hiring a Array Red Bank Drug Charges Lawyer. Working with a Monmouth County Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer is always in your best interest when faced with DUI charges.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As