The Role of Nutrition in Pediatric Dental Health
- Author Kevin Schmiterson
- Published April 27, 2012
- Word count 396
Most Kansas parents already know not to give their children too many sugary snacks or drinks because they will make their children hyperactive, but there is another huge reason to think about what you are feeding your kids. Sugar can have an impact on your child's dental health as well. It's best to speak to a local Olathe Kansas pediatric dentist to find out what the best and worst foods are to give your children. With nearly half of Olathe households containing children under the age of 18, there are numerous local parents who are facing this same issue.
Olathe is a fast growing suburb of Kansas City, and was founded in 1857 by Dr. John T. Barton. Over the years it has seen travelers come and go, being part of the Oregon Trail and Santa Fe Trail. However, many chose to stay, making it the bustling town that it is now. You have a wide selection of excellent health care experts in town, including the best Olathe Kansas pediatric dentist options. Pediatric dentistry is concerned not only with the treatment of existing dental problems, but also with preventive care, including brushing, flossing, and diet.
Sugary soda and sports drinks are some of the main problems facing children's dental health. Even fruit juice can be extremely high in sugar, with an 8 oz glass of orange juice containing the equivalent of 6 sugar cubes in it. Many parents will let their children drink as much juice as they like, where they would normally cut down on their soda intake. When you are trying to watch your child's sugar, this is why it's a good idea to speak to your Olathe Kansas pediatric dentist for advice. Not only are today's drinks more sugar-laden than ever before, but they also come in larger serving sizes.
After your children drink sugary beverages, the sugar combines with bacteria in the mouth to form acid that wears down the tooth enamel, leading to cavities. If you must allow your child to drink juice, soda pop or other drinks of this nature, be sure to follow this by brushing your child's teeth or giving them a glass of water to rinse the acid away. Residents of Johnson County with children should see an Olathe Kansas pediatric dentist on a regular basis for cleanings, to help minimize any damage, and get the latest information on dental care.
Be a super patient with this Olathe Kansas Pediatric Dentist. We welcome all children to a fun and loving atmosphere.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure