Raspberry Ketones – What This Berry Extract Can Mean for Your Health and Weight-Loss Regimen
- Author Rachel Klaus
- Published June 25, 2012
- Word count 562
Raspberry ketones are a natural phenolic and an active compound of the red raspberry. As well as being used to flavor and color food, raspberry ketone is found in cosmetics and perfume. Although popular, raspberry ketone is not cheap and people who use the phenolic often pay upwards of $20, 000 per kilo. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) carried out a full investigation in 1965, to check how safe raspberry ketone was to the general population. Following the investigation, it was given the FDA GRAS status, which means it has been certified as safe for use.
Over the last five years, raspberry ketones have been linked with weight loss. According to a Life Science study in 2005, ketones are responsible for increasing the breakdown of fat in the human body. A 2008 study also revealed that raspberry ketone contain certain antioxidants that are similar to those found in synephrine and capsaicin. It is these antioxidants that are believed to help convert fat into energy. Raspberry ketone is also thought to increase a person’s energy levels, again helping with weight loss through an increased stamina during exercise. The efficacy of raspberry ketone is believed to double when taken with acai berry and green tea.
A study carried out by Ehime University revealed the possibility that raspberry ketones may be beneficial to females suffering from breast cancer. This is due again to antioxidants, which scientists refer to as anti-cancer agents. While raspberry ketone will not cure cancer, it is believed to improve a female’s chances of surviving cancer following treatment.
The antioxidants contained in raspberry ketones also play a key role in the body’s protection against cell damage and diseases. Raspberry ketone encourages the body to release a certain hormone that protects against type-2 diabetes. It can also help reduce the build-up of fatty plaque in the walls of the liver and arteries. This reduces a person’s chances of suffering from serious liver conditions, such as cirrhosis and cancer.
One of the biggest benefits associated with raspberry ketones is the fact they take very little time to take effect on the body. Taken regularly and combined with an exercise plan and a healthy diet, raspberry ketone has been linked to weight loss and improved health in as little as two weeks, according to a Harvard University study.
Studies back raspberry ketones as being instrumental in weight loss, illness prevention, and an overall improvement in a person’s wellbeing, however, there are still certain things to consider. For example, for an individual to lose a significant amount of weight using raspberry ketone, they would have to consume an entire raspberry bush. Considering the expense of ketones, this may not really be an option for a weight-loss supplement. A 2005 study that took place in Switzerland, saw scientists feed ketones to several mice. The results appeared to indicate that rather than help break down fat, the ketones hindered the growth of fat cells. While this would lead to weight loss, there is potential health issues involved too. Studies also indicated that raspberry ketone dosage would have to be at least triple the recommended dose, to improve a person’s energy levels to a noticeable degree. Fortunately however, with time and technology the production cost of raspberry ketone has been significantly reduced, making it a much more affordable weight loss supplement.
Rachel is an editor for a health and lifestyle magazine. She has studied nutrition and has a keen interest in raspberry ketones for its weight loss properties. Read what else Rachel has to say in her raspberry ketone reviews.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"