Extreme Vacationing in the Great Smoky Mountains
- Author Shelia Ogle
- Published June 15, 2012
- Word count 539
For some, rest and relaxation might be the goal, but if your vacation dreams involve more than a beach chair and a good book, then a visit to the Great Smoky Mountains is in order. Satisfy your craving for adventure with an invigorating look at the mountains from high in the trees, or test your nerve on the newest roller coaster to call Dollywood home. Thrill seekers of all ages will find something to love about their Great Smoky Mountain vacation.
Not Just Another Hike in the Wilderness
A simple walk in the woods might be fine for some, but if excitement and exhilaration is more your style, don’t miss a chance to get a bird’s eye view of the Great Smoky Mountains. Ziplines crisscross this vast wilderness, and offer a glimpse at some of the most stunning scenery you’ll ever encounter.
Strap on a harness and helmet, and soon you’ll be soaring through the treetops at breathtaking speed. Pause for a minute high atop a Hemlock while you snap a photo of the picturesque valley spread out below. Then stow your gear, because it’s time to be off on the next leg of your amazing zipline tour. Whether you’re a rookie or an old pro, ziplines offer one of the most exciting ways to see the scenery.
Fly Like an Eagle
If the zipline put you in the mood for speed, you’ll want to make Dollywood your next stop. Pigeon Forge’s favorite family fun spot is adding to its collection of heart-stopping thrill rides in 2012, with the addition of Wild Eagle, the country’s first "wing" coaster.
Take a seat on the wings of this giant eagle as it takes flight over the park. You’ll plunge into a 200-foot dive before swooping into a series of corkscrew turns that will leave you breathless. Skim over the trees and wave to your friends on the ground before coming in for a landing. If you’ve ever dreamed of flying like a bird, the Wild Eagle is your chance to soar.
No Parachute Required
Have you ever thought you might like to try skydiving? In Pigeon Forge, TN, you’ll get your chance – and you won’t even have to rent a plane. Grab your helmet and step inside the vertical wind tunnel at Flyaway Indoor Skydiving for a three-minute trip to the virtual clouds. Close your eyes and imagine the earth far below as the rush of wind keeps you afloat, or try your hand at a few acrobatic maneuvers. Coaching sessions are even available if you’d like to use your new skills in a real skydive. And don’t worry, there’s no experience necessary to enjoy this adventure.
If you thought all Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, TN had to offer were nature walks and outlet malls, you’re in for a treat. There’s plenty of exciting entertainment for thrill seekers of every age. Whether you’re looking for a unique way to enjoy the great outdoors, a ride on a world-class roller coaster, or an unusual skydiving trip, one thing is certain: you’ll need to take a few days to rest up after this vacation.
Planning your visit? Contact Heartland Rentals today for a wide selection of Gatlinburg cabin rentals in all sizes and prices. Click to www.HeartlandRentals.com for info and reservations. © 2012, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking