Do Children and Physical Activity Always Mix?
- Author Evan Chapman
- Published July 12, 2012
- Word count 601
Kids nowadays are so focused on watching television and playing video games that they do not have time to exercise. An increase in the number of obese children has increased because of this. Kids fitness games not only keep their bodies in shape, but also keep their minds active. Parents should therefore make sure that their kids have enough time to exercise. Here are some simple games that your kids will probably enjoy doing.
Rope skipping provides a great way for a kid to burn extra calories. Children are hyperactive and they are going to love jumping around with their skipping rope. The kid can play alone or as a group in the play ground. In this game your kid will use the whole body and they can also try to compete and see how fast they can jump without tripping. Alternatively, they can use more than one rope which increases the level of activity.
Hockey is another kids fitness game. In this game the kids will put one leg in front and pull it back, then the other leg and the hands. The kid then shakes the whole body and turns around. This game is not only enjoyable, but also helps your kid to maintain the right weight.
Cycling is considered one of the most effective ways to keep a child active and healthy. Children love cycling and you can also join your kid for fun. The child gets to exercise his legs muscles and he will also require a lot of energy to cycle. However, it is advisable to supervise your kid while cycling to avoid accidents. Make sure the child stays on the sidewalk and he wears helmet.
The best physical activity games for children are those which involve racing and agility. Soccer is one such game and it also provides an opportunity for your kid to learn to be a team player. Running around allows the kid to improve heart muscles and other body muscles. You can also take time to watch the kid playing to motivate him or her. You will be amazed at how sweaty your kid will be at the end of the soccer game.
Indoor kids fitness games such as sardines are ideal when the weather is cold. The kids can play sardines game where one kid hides like in hide and seek and other children have to look for him. The children are required to join the hiding the child until only one kid is remaining and then they can come out. You can also introduce your kid to dancing as an exercise and also to explore their talent. Let your child join a dancing class so he can become a good dancer. Whatever it may, let your child experiment with different physical fitness games.
Physical fitness for kids is very important and it is the duty of every parent to make sure their kids exercise consistently. Kids fitness games such as rope jumping, cycling, swimming, soccer as well as hide and seek are some games you can let your kid play. These will not only keep your child healthy but will also increase his or her agility.
Here are a few tips on why physical activity is important for children, but many of the tips may take a lot of time that you may not have. A lot of information also DOESN'T focus on physical activity that your child will actually enjoy doing. The method here http://www.fitnessforkidsprograms.com is a much better solution for parents with less time and kids being able to do activities they like.
Evan Chapman is an online affiliate and has created [http://www.fitnessforkidsprograms.com](http://www.fitnessforkidsprograms.com) and [http://www.childrenandphysicalactivity.com](http://www.childrenandphysicalactivity.com) where he posts articles on child obesity.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training