Keep Your Fitness Routine Fun
- Author Paul Abraham
- Published July 31, 2012
- Word count 492
Music matters. Change up your music! Create several playlists and try a new one for each fitness routine. Try some new genres that you might not normally listen to, but that you just can't resist moving to!
Bring a friend. Find a workout partner and keep a few extras on standby. Family members, co-workers, and neighbors make great workout buddies. You may be able to find a gym membership that allows you to bring a guest each time you go. If not, ask about guest passes.
Switch It Up! It's easy to get comfortable doing the exercises you are most familiar with, but it's important to try new ones. Another option is simply altering the order of exercises. Simply changing which exercise you do first, last and in the middle can have big results on the effectiveness of your fitness routine.
Try Something Different. Try classes such as yoga, Zumba, spinning or even pole dancing. When one class starts to get too familiar, try another. Change the way you work out frequently to keep your fitness routine fresh and make each trip to the gym exciting.
Change Your Fitness Routine Schedule. It may sound strange, but your body will respond to a change in the time of day or days of the week that your exercise. Overall, it's about constantly confusing our bodies so we never hit that plateau we all hate so much. If that means switching the days and times you do your workouts, then give it a try!
Circuit training requires you to perform a series of exercise moves targeting different muscle groups one right after the other with little to no rest between exercises. Ultimately, it allows you to burn more calories, keep your heart rate elevated, and incorporate more exercises in a shorter amount of time.
Buy a New Outfit. Cotton clothes tend to hold on to moisture, becoming wet and uncomfortable long before the end of your fitness routine. Proper workout gear will act like a wick, soaking up the sweat and pulling it away from your body. Feeling good and looking great will give you the confidence you need to give your all to your fitness routine.
Take It Outside. Get outside and breathe some fresh air. Take a break from the stuffy gym and move your workout routine outdoors. Go for a run at your favorite park or play a sport with some friends.
Variety Is the Spice of Life. If you do a lot of walking as part of your fitness routine, add some variety. Try a walk at the beach or at a park. If that's not possible, try walking in a new neighborhood instead of your own.
Change of scenery. Looking at the same wall in the gym or in the corner of your living room can get pretty boring pretty quickly. Try changing your fitness routine location completely by moving from your home to a gym, or even changing gyms.
My Fitness Kitchen
1025 Latrobe 30 Plaza
Latrobe, PA. 15650
724-879-8523Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Do you sabotage your fitness resolutions every year? Here’s what to do instead
- Gymnastics for the Joints: Basic Exercises
- Muscle Toning Exercises: The 7 Exercises that tone your whole body
- Two Days A Week Strength Training
- How to Understand the Physical Exercise
- How to get built to last a lifetime
- Breath and Body Work – A tool I use with some clients within my therapeutic work.
- Two Days a Week Strength Training
- How to squat
- Physio for Jaw Pain
- Beat the January blues
- Why I love the NordicTrack Studio Cycle s22i
- How to exercise your hip flexor
- 4 Effective Weight Loss Exercises
- The Massage With Extra Benefits – Hemp Oil Body Massages
- The Many Benefits of a Sports Massage
- Top 6 Benefits of Working With A Personal Trainer
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- The Benefits of Physiotherapy
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Get A Foam Roller
- Physiotherapy: For More than Just Sports Injuries
- Dry Needling vs Acupuncture
- Promise Of Genetic Testing For The Public
- Genetic Code for Diseases Slowly Being Cracked
- Few Effective Back Pain Relief Exercises
- Search for Purpose, not Happiness
- Strength vs. Cardio: Which Should You Go For?
- How to Control Constant Knee Pain and How It Will Be Treated
- 4 Ways to get better sleep
- The Secret To Six Pack Abs