The Future is Video Marketing
- Author Ross Moffat
- Published October 8, 2012
- Word count 708
People like videos; they always have and they always will. Online video exploded around the so called "YouTube phenomenon" and now over 2 billion videos are viewed every day on YouTube with 24 hours of video uploaded to the site every minute.
But YouTube is just full of cats and people falling over right – what does this have to do with video marketing?
The boom in online video attributed to sites like YouTube has shifted how we view videos and how we absorb information online. People watch more video online than they do television and the growth in popularity in online videos is great for internet marketers.
Whilst video has been around for a long time only recently are businesses recognising the use of online video as an effective marketing tool. Nothing can get you the same exposure and global reach for such a low cost than a successful viral marketing campaign.
But just why has video marketing become such a hit?
- People like to watch videos
Simply put, people prefer watching videos than reading text. Videos convey emotion, movement and sound making it a far more engaging and dynamic medium than traditional text adverts or article marketing. See for yourself.
- A LOT of people like to watch videos online
100 million people a day watch video online. And they are not all just watching silly cat videos. 75% of business executives say they watch work related business videos at least once a week.
- Videos get to the point
Videos can convey far more information in a short space of time – a trait attractive to the notoriously impatient online surfer. Research from data company Forrester in 2011 concluded that 1 minute of video is the equivalent to 1.8 million words. That’s about 3600 web pages. Would you rather watch 1 minute of video or read 3600 web pages? Exactly!
- Videos are Cheap
As above! In comparison to traditional advertising, online video
marketing is very cheap. People are often scared away from online video believing you need Spielberg production levels and a Warner Bros budget. This is not the case at all. If the message is correct than the video will work.
- Google Loves Video
Google is increasingly moving towards blended search results, incorporating relevant images and videos in to the first page of its search results. While this increases competition for fewer traditional organic search results it has enabled videos and sites with video to more easily gain a first page ranking. Research has found videos are 53 times more likely to receive a first page ranking than web pages.
- Online Shoppers Love Video
Online video marketing is perfect for ecommerce sites and online retailers. A major bug bear with online shopping is that you often can’t see the actual product before you’ve bought it.
Providing a product video on your site allows your customers to see exactly what they can buy and how it works, in just a few minutes. The customer is able to better engage with the product, see the benefits the product will bring to them, and ultimately be more likely to purchase it. Customers were found to be up to 85% more likely to purchase after watching a product video. Customers also stay on site an average of 2 minutes longer when engaged in video. Even offline retailers saw improvements, with a 6% increase in in-store sales for retailers with an online video.
- The Power of Sharing
Marketing is all about reaching an audience, and the internet has given everyone access to a global audience – all interconnected. This is perfect for internet marketers due to the power of "sharing". The boom in social media and online communities like Reddit have created a culture of online sharing where select media can be spread across the world very easily and very, very quickly. What better way to promote and spread a message than get your customers to do it for you?
The growth in online marketing represents a major market opportunity. The world is online and most of us are viewing videos. Video marketing is not just for retailers and ecommerce sites either but anyone with a message to convey. Online videos offer greater engagement and interactivity to a wider audience at a lower cost compared to traditional advertising.
Why are you not using it yet?
There are no posted comments.
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19