Skills That Could Help You Land a Job in Search Marketing
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published September 26, 2012
- Word count 445
Certain skills could fast track you into a job in search marketing. Whether you come from an academic background in maths or languages, the industry could prove just right for you.
Being good with numbers and boasting strong analytical skills can definitely score you an interview for a Pay Per Click (PPC) search marketing job, as well as a more general industry role.
PPC analysts spend a lot of time planning and assessing expenditure, and structuring ad campaigns around a set of factors.
In general, anyone working in the search marketing industry will be required to use Excel at some point, and numerical skills help make sense of the formulae involved.
Anyone working in the broad new media industry will pay more attention to the design of your CV and cover letter so this is your first chance to shine.
Design skills and awareness are also very useful to Conversion Rate Optimisation and optimising the user experience. A designer's perspective can help understand why button, shopping cart, and other element placement isn't leading to the expected results, and why people might be looking elsewhere.
Some search marketing agencies may have dedicated designer posts in house that allow for the building of fully optimised websites from scratch.
Knowledge of foreign languages could well land you that all important first interview in search marketing. In fact, it is an industry in which language graduates are increasingly finding a place for themselves.
The internet being a global network, most SEO agencies will have at least one multinational client on the books whose websites need to cater for users of various native tongues. Foreign language skills can therefore come in handy for content localisation, from the initial keyword research stage through to producing original content in the given language. It can also help identify gaps and opportunities in foreign markets, such as business directories and press release distribution channels.
Multitasking and Time Management
The ability to multitask is very important for people working in an agency environment. SEO teams could be working on a very broad range of clients at any one time so being able to juggle between them is vital.
While most tasks can be assigned on a monthly basis, others can appear suddenly as clients phone in their requests, or websites fail to perform properly and the agency team has to come to the rescue. You therefore need to be able to assess your priorities, and plan your time accordingly. This could mean leaving your directory submissions until the next day in order to write and distribute a topical press release, for example, but there is certainly no room for hesitation or panic.
Harvey McEwan writes to offer information on a variety of areas, from international communications to SEO. View Harvey's other articles to find out more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times