3 Tips to Easily Close the Sale
- Author Mandy Schumaker
- Published November 24, 2012
- Word count 504
"Sales is something you do for someone, not to someone"
Trying to close a sale can often times feel inauthentic, stressful and forced. And when that happens, you can guarantee that more than likely, you will not be signing on a new client. Because a forced closing of the sale is a surefire way to turn off the client and lose the sale.
And because many of us feel awkward in a closing of the sale process, we often try too hard, which can be a turn off to the client. It can make our client feel like we are "pushing" them to buy something they aren't interested in buying. Remember, people like to buy, but they don't like to be sold to.
Here are three tips to incorporate into your closing the sales process that will help make it more of a soft close, rather than a hard close:
1-Connect with your prospect. When I think about the times I've felt uncomfortable when someone tried to sell me something, it was always when they had no idea what I was looking for or what I needed. They never asked me any questions, but instead just launched into the features of a particular product or service. You must connect with your prospect, asking them what they are looking for, how you might help them, and what they might have in mind. Taking the time (and the opportunity) to really get to know your prospect, find out what makes them tick, what they might be struggling with and what might solve their problem, is the first key to a successful closing of the sale.
2-It's all about them not you. Too often, salespeople tend to focus on themselves. Again, some of the more unsuccessful, uncomfortable sales experiences I've had have occurred when the salesperson did all the talking...about themselves. A more successful approach is to set up the sales process, so the customer has the opportunity to know as much about you and your services as possible, prior to the closing of the sale process. That way, during the closing of the sale call, you can focus strictly on them. This might be pointing your potential customer to a place on your website that has frequently asked questions, or to point them to the testimonial section of your site. That way, they have the opportunity to have at least 98% of their questions answered before they even meet with you. Then you can solely focus on their needs.
3-Celebrate. People who buy always like to be reassured they've done the right thing. So be sure to celebrate your client's decision. Let them know they've made a great decision and be sure to offer your congratulations. Making them feel great about their decision is the last important step of the closing the sale process.
Using these three tips will make your closing of the sales process feel more natural and authentic and help you confidently increase your close ratio with lots of happy clients.
Mandy Schumaker, President of Higher Performing People, is a former sales and management executive in the newspaper industry, who has extensive experience in executive coaching, leadership development, sales and marketing, facilitation and team building. Receive the free audio CD: "7 Productivity Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs" at www.mandyschumaker.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System
- Killing Germs with Powerful, yet Safe Chlorine Dioxide
- DizB Reviews - Does DizB Get TikTok Followers?