How to Easily Drink the Daily Recommended Amount of Tea for Maximum Health Benefits
- Author Daniel Mcbane
- Published December 6, 2012
- Word count 651
You'll find few people still unaware of tea's health benefits. It seems every day a new report touting the health benefits of drinking tea is released. Unfortunately, many people who would like to drink more tea, have a hard time reaching the recommended daily amount, which is usually said to be at least four cups and often up to ten. How can we consume that much tea on a daily basis?
One solution is to drink nothing but tea all day long. That seems like a lot of work when you consider the effort required to brew a cup of tea and the small size of your average cup. Perhaps a bigger cup could solve the problem second issue, but that would still leave the first.
I found the answer at my job in China. I already enjoyed drinking tea, but did so only at home, having a cup or two after work, but once I started my job in China, I began to notice that my coworkers were all walking around with large (about 0.5 L) lidded cups. Those cups were filled with tea that had tea leaves floating around in it.
I took a closer look and noticed a strainer built into the top of the cup, keeping the loose tea leaves out of their mouths. This struck me as brilliant; not only could you carry your tea with you thanks to the lid, but you could easily enjoy loose leaf tea, which is almost always far superior in taste and quality to a tea bag.
Naturally, I asked my coworkers where they got these cups. When I learned they are sold all over the place, I immediately went to a nearby department store and purchased one for myself. I also questioned them about different varieties of tea and picked up a large bag of loose leaf green tea at the same time.
The next morning, I put some tea leaves in my new cup and filled it with hot water. I had never bothered to make myself tea in the morning before, since I never really had enough time to drink it, but now I could just take it with me on the bus and sip it on the way to work.
Throughout the day at work, whenever I finished a cup of tea, I would simply sprinkle a few more dry leaves onto the wet ones still in the bottom and make a new cup. I took the cup home after work and had more tea at home. At night, after my last cup, I would dump the leaves in the toilet and wash out the cup.
Ever since, I have been drinking tea like this just about every day. I drink it all day long, since it really takes very little effort to heat up some water and sprinkle some leaves in the cup. And while the tea is more expensive than tap water, even expensive teas are cheaper than any other kind of drink, including bottled water.
That becomes even more true, when you consider that this method of drinking tea does not require that you use expensive teas. Higher quality teas need to be brewed in a certain way to get the most out of them. Brewing them in a cup like this is not really ideal, so you can use cheaper leaves and still get the same taste. That said, some quality teas, notably Chinese green teas like Biluochun, are actually best brewed in this fashion.
I got my cup at a department store in China, so I don't really have any recommendations, but a Google search for "travel tea cup" brought up a few options. I'm sure you can find one on Amazon.com as well. Go out and get yourself a cup like this as soon as you can and start drinking tea all day, every day. Your body will thank you.
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure