Amsterdam: The Autumn And Winter Destination Of 2013
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published November 23, 2012
- Word count 486
Europe is one of the places in world that provides travellers unlimited choice. If you are seeking warm weather to snowy mountains there's plenty to choose from. But a specific location that is often overlooked during the autumn and winter months is Amsterdam, in the Netherlands.
Amsterdam is often associated with stag nights, which is only one of the many layers of the capital. Because of this many families or those not looking for a place that will expose themselves to this environment will most likely never consider this a an idea location.
But, by looking in a little more detail its very easy to discover the true gem that this place is. With an identifiable and unique cultural heritage and history. There is a lot to discover, along its network of canals and amongst many of its world leading museums.
But why are the autumn and winter months such a great time to visit the capital?, let's view just a handful of the main events and attractions worth visiting for.
The hermitage Amsterdam museum is temporarily displaying the Van Gogh Museum. The works cover the 1853 to 1890 period. The museum will be displaying 75 paintings, selected letters, objects and works on paper. Because the display is only temporary, it will only be available until the 25th of April 2013.
Another reason, is because of The Wereldkerstcircus, otherwise known as the Christmas Circus. Located within The Royal Carre Theatre, which was originally built for a circus. This year is the 125th anniversary, featuring acrobats from Russia, North Korea and China. With many different acts from around the world and not forgetting an appearance from star clown David Larible.
Outdoor activities are also surprisingly well loved throughout the capital, not just the museums. When it gets cold enough, three of the mains squares open up for ice skating. Which provide a great experience within a great setting.
When the weather becomes too much to handle, retail therapy can do wonders. Amsterdam caters for a large range of well known brands stores. With many different unique fashion ateliers. Something that not many other countries can offer.
Also, there are two main department stores worth checking during the visit. These are the De Bijenkorf and Maison de Bonneterie. Both have a long history and interesting stores within.
Don't forget visiting European countries during the winter months provides a completely different feel to visiting during the summer months. Getting great pictures when the sun sets and rises can be not only spectacular but also romantic. Especially if it is snowing. This is why Amsterdam is perfect, because of the coffee shop culture that exists. During the Autumn the parks completely change colour and provide a wonderful and romantic environment to spend time in.
Remember to take considerable care when booking a hotel in Amsterdam. Check the activities planned during the visit and ensure everything is within walking distance, and in a preferred location.
Harvey McEwan provides information and advice on how best to spend a trip within the wonderful city of Amsterdam. Helping visitors find attractions and a Hotel in Amsterdam. View Harvey's other articles to find out more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking