Do I Need Renters Insurance?
- Author Ilidio Cardoso
- Published January 17, 2013
- Word count 320
Though it is n’t required by law, renter’s insurance policy is important because it protects your properties—furniture, clothes, gadgets—in case of disasters or theft. It also covers temporary housing and liability protection or damages due to negligence. If someone slips on the ice or banana peel outside your door and necessitates immediate medical attention, your insurance will be responsible for his or her checkups and medication. Should that person decides to sue you, your renter’s insurance policy got you covered.
So what exactly will your policy cover?
• Personal property
The majority of renter’s policies protects your belongings in case of disasters and other events that are out of your control. So if you live in a flood-prone community or near a fault line, it’s wise to get a policy for this. However, some types of belongings can only be covered up to a certain limit set by the insurance company. So if you own expensive jewelries and other valuable properties, you should consider adding personal articles policy to your existing renter’s insurance policy.
Your insurance policy also covers the damages you need to settle for any bodily injury or property damage that are caused by mere negligence. Business pursuits, intended bodily injuries, as well as vehicle-related injury or damage is n’t covered by the renter’s insurance.
• Loss of use
This part of your policy covers your living expenses, such as food, hotel and other expenses, if ever you need to leave your home after it’s been damaged by an accident. The expenses you incurred while your house is being restored will be covered.
These are the basic components of a renter’s insurance policy. You can choose to add a few other types should you see the need for them. You can consider "medical payment to others" policy, credit card , bank forgery coverage, and "property of others" coverage.
For more advice on how to protect your assets, visit www.rebuildingyourfuture.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
- Collateralizing and Resolving America’s 2020 Economic Crisis!
- The Only Economic Strategy That Systematically Lowers Your Taxes While Paying Off the National Debt
- Let's End Wage Slavery in the USA
- The role of AI in finance
- Adsense Pros And Cons
- Places You Can Save Money For Your Family
- Best ways to make money in 2019
- 5 Credit Hacks to Boost Your Credit Score Fast
- How The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Works For You
- Real Estate Outlook May 2019
- What Your Dad Never Told You About Income Investing: Q & A
- Looking for interests from your investments? Intus Life!
- How To Get Wholesale Houses In 7 Days or Less
- Life Settlements: The Option of Selling Unwanted Life Insurance
- Do Stock Market Numbers Really Matter?
- Real Estate Outlook May 2018
- Harnessing Stock Market Volatility
- Real Estate Investment Outlook
- Health Insurance A Must For Everyone
- Managing The Retirement Income Portfolio: The Plan
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Financial Planner
- Why Retirement Planning Is Important
- Florida Online Deed Sales - 2017
- How to make money: 11 tips to learn how to invest your capital
- How Can You Build A Bigger Pension?
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Millionaires of the 21st Century
- Finding the Good Real Estate Deals
- Only Action Will Create Wealth
- The Global Reset
- Commodity Prices Have Crashed