A Basic Bangladesh Travel Guide
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published February 27, 2013
- Word count 516
Located in South Asia, Bangladesh shares most of its border with the encompassing India, its only other neighbour being Myanmar in the south east with the Bay of Bengal lying directly to the south. Although remaining a relatively unknown holiday destination to the rest of the world, Bangladesh is a country with many places to visit from bustling cities to UNESCO world heritage sites to Cox's Bazar, the longest sea beach in the world.
What to see:
As a county, Bangladesh offers a multitude of places to visit.
The capital Dhaka is a densely populated and congested metropolis considered one of the most frantic places on earth, although with its estimated 400,00 rickshaws (the highest of any city in the world) getting around should be of no problem. Since the war of liberation in 1971 Dhaka has been developing fast as a modern city and is the country’s political and commercial centre.
As with any major city there are many attractions and sights to visit but some of the most popular are Lalbagh Fort (a 17th century Mughal Fort), the Liberation War Museum and on the outskirts of the city Sonargaon (the ancient capital of Bengal during Isa Khan's ruling).
Out with its cities Bangladesh is a country of vast natural beauty. To the far south east lies Cox Bazar, the longest unbroken sea beach in the world, boasting pristine sandy beaches, coconut palms and tropical climates. On the opposite coast bordering India's West Bengal lies the Sundarbans ('beautiful forests') which is the largest single mangrove forest in the world.
Bangladesh has a tropical climate with a generally mild winter running from October to March and a hot humid summer from March to June. As a country Bangladesh has never been frozen at ground level with the lowest recorded temperature being 4.5°C in 2011.
Be aware though that Bangladesh is widely recognised as one of the countries most vulnerable to climate change and in 1998 has been subjected to he worst flooding in modern world history.
Enjoy fish? Then you're going to the right place. Bangladesh is known as a fish lovers paradise with most the country living of fresh water river fish and rice. Most popular is the 'national fish' Hilsa, it's very tasty but somewhat difficult to eat on account of its numerous fine bones.
If seafood isn't your thing then mixed vegetable curries are plentiful throughout Bangladesh as are a range of biryani's (anything from egg to mutton and beef).
If you are looking for snacks, boiled eggs (dhim) are popular while there is an abundance of fresh fruit with mango's being especially popular.
Citizens of most countries will require a visa to enter Bangladesh which can be purchased before travel or on arrival.
To arrange accommodation, onward travel and tours use a cheap calls to Bangladesh service to save yourself money prior to your Journey.
Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka is the principal gateway to the country if you are arriving by air.
By land, currently the only border crossings are those with India, none are possible independently from Myanmar.
Harvey McEwan writes on a variety of topics from making cheap calls to Bangladesh to family holiday destinations. Read his articles online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why celebrate Christmas in Armenia
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour