3 Common Mistakes Yoga Beginners Should Avoid
- Author Janet Suzanna
- Published April 4, 2013
- Word count 694
As beginners, we tend to explore what we do with curiosity and make mistakes along the way even if we start doing what we learnt. This is quite common since all beginners go through that stage. Having said that, here are 3 common mistakes all yoga beginners should avoid.
- Not Knowing What You Want To Achieve From Yoga
Despite being a relaxing sport, Yoga is still a very broad spectrum in general.
Besides liking Yoga as what most beginners do, you need to know what you want to achieve and how to go about fulfilling your objectives. You also need to have a plan to enable and get where you want to go step by step.
But if you do not have a plan or any idea of where you want to go or what to do, it is best to have a professional instructor to help you instead of doing everything on your own.
They will first try to get to know you. Such as your personality, family background, hobbies and occupations. Then they will go about discussing with you your goals, aspirations, strengths and weaknesses before coming up with a plan that best suits you.
- Jumping Into Yoga Without An Objective Or Plan
Although I have already mentioned in first point, I like to emphasize on this again.
If you do not have an objective or plan and just learning for fun, Yoga might not be suitable for you in the long run. The reason being should you encounter any problems or setbacks, you will give up eventually. That is the mindset of most humans when they are just doing something for fun without any real purpose in life.
Like everything else be it sports, martial arts or just driving, there is a process and learning curve you need to face and go through. I know it is not easy and can be demanding at most times but this is what eventually separate successful people from just wannabes.
Even though this is very common in classes, this will be beneficial to you and everyone learning Yoga in the long run. The only question is are you willing to do what it takes to master Yoga.
If you are, age and fitness will no longer be the deciding factors for you as you probably notice that most people are just like you whether they are old or young. The only difference is what works for some people might not work for anybody.
So you need an instructor to show you not just the right way but one which suits you best in terms of your fitness level and interest.
Besides learning, you get to know and make friends with them who are just as eager to learn Yoga as you.
Moreover the fees those classes charged are based on the sessions you actually attend rather than what you registered as a whole package at most schools.
Still as I said before, you need to have an objective and a plan before jumping into Yoga.
- Selecting The Wrong Instructor
In the olden days, you need to be an apprentice starting from zero before you can ever become a master in Yoga.
But now most people prefer to learn Yoga over weekends due to their study and work commitments.
Besides the right schedule, finding the right instructor is just as essential.
Truth be told, a qualified instructor does not make a good instructor emotionally and an unqualified instructor does not make a bad instructor emotionally.
Still what really matters is that this instructor must know and have already succeeded in what he is teaching. The best way to find out this answer is not just from this instructor but from his or her students as well. For their answers - their truthful answers from their hearts - will be the deciding factor.
For the last thing you ever want is an instructor who does not know what he or she is doing.
Although Yoga is a great and relaxing sport, you need to avoid these three mistakes if you ever want to make your mark. Not just as a sport but as your passion as well.
Janet Suzanna has been a fitness and yoga instructor for over 4 years.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Barnett Predator Crossbow Buying Guide
- What Kind of Headgear You Need for MMA
- Adventure sports in the mountains: hiking
- Commuting with an electric bike
- How To Select An Hoverboard For Kids
- UFC 248 beginning time, who is battling today around evening time at 'Adesanya versus Romero' in Las Vegas
- How To Duck Dive and Turtle Roll A Surfboard
- Lionel Messi Call's out Eric Abidal! Barcelona in Trouble?!
- England put gambles of top-seed place at Euro 2020 in danger after surprise defeat against the Czech Republic
- Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Things to Consider Before Investing in an Airsoft Gun
- Want to ace the fly fishing abilities for Trout?
- Some Key Facts Parents Should Consider Before Buying Airsoft Guns
- Golf Beginner Basics - Golf Equipment
- 4 vital factors to watch out for before buying an airsoft gun
- 7 Questions to be answered before you buy your First Airsoft Gun
- Golf: Too Analytical?
- How to Be an Imperfect Golfer
- Mental Game 4 Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
- 4 Best Ladder Tree Stand for 2019
- Steroids and Dietary Supplements: Are They Worth The Risk?
- Signs You Need a Break From Melbourne Racing Tips
- The Various Types Of Swim Caps
- Park City Ski Rentals
- Ski Rentals in Park City
- Top 4 Reasons to Play Daily Fantasy Sports
- How to Choose A Best Golf Rangefinder
- Interesting NBA Facts to Know Before Your Basketball Tour
- Giants' Saquon Barkley not practicing against Lions on Tuesday
- 3 Important Passing Rules: Basketball Training Melbourne Advice