Four Weekend Getaways For New Yorkers
- Author Robert Fogarty
- Published July 1, 2014
- Word count 517
Need a break? Here are some weekend getaways to enjoy close to NYC.
For the Beach Bum - Fire Island, N. Y.
For someone who's looking for a quick getaway, Fire Island is perfect. It only takes about an hour and a half to get there from Manhattan and here you can find beaches where no cars are allowed. Ocean Beach is the most popular town for visitors and is car free during summer. In Ocean Beach you will also find bars, clubs and restaurants. If you're looking for more solitude, there are plenty of smaller villages too.
For the History Buff or Artist - Bucks County
William Penn named the county after Buckinghamshire, his home county in England and on Christmas Day, 1776, during the Revolutionary War, General George Washington and his soldiers launched a surprise attack which turned the tide of war in favor of the Americans, and eventually led to independence. These days Bucks County is more famous for being an artist getaway though. The picturesque rolling hills and charming villages and towns have inspired artists for decades. If you love antique stores, galleries, bike trails, and river sports, this is the place to go. Lambertville, NJand New Hope, PA, are two excellent towns to visit, connected to each other by a foot bridge over the Delaware River. Don’t miss out on seeing a performance at the Bucks County Playhouse when in town either.
For the Posh Ones - The Hamptons
If you haven't yet heard of the glitz and glamour of summer parties in the Hamptons you have probably had your head stuck under a pillow (or you are very new to New York). In the Hamptons there are plenty of beaches to relax on during the day - two great options are Coopers Beach in Southampton and Main Beach in East Hampton. If you want to surf though, you should check out Montauk. If you fancy art, you can visit the Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center. Of course, being a hang out for the rich and famous there are plenty of specialist work out centers and juice bars as well, should you feel like getting healthy whilst on vacation. If you prefer eating to working out, well then you have found your spot in the sun. There are many fancy restaurants and bars to choose from.
For the Thrill Seekers - Kent, CT
It's not that Kent is the most adventurous place on the planet, but Kent hosts Club Getaway nestled away in the Berkshire Mountains. Whilst it's mainly a place for kids during the week, on Fridays it turns into the perfect location for New York Weekend Getaways for adults seeking adventure. You can choose between zip lining, rock climbing, water skiing, stunt fighting and more. You can also indulge in delicious food and great drinks, all whist relaxing by the lakeside. The perfect time to go is summer as most of these activities are outdoors activities. It only takes 90 minutes to get there by car or Getaway bus from New York. In other words, it's an easy trip to make.
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking