Prevent Dangerous Driving with IVMS
- Author Harmony Sanderson
- Published July 29, 2014
- Word count 424
As an employer, it’s not only important to ensure the safety of all employees on the road, but to prevent any unnecessary costs associated with dangerous or careless driving. This is why many are turning to In Vehicle Management Systems, also known as telematics or GPS tracking.
IVMS allows users, whether that’s an owner or fleet management, immediate insight into their fleet’s driving activities, therefore enabling real-time identification of dangerous, at risk driving behaviour. At risk driving behaviour can include anything from speeding, excessive engine revving, harsh braking, rapid acceleration, freewheeling or entry of dangerous or high risk geofenced areas.
This insight allows users to first and foremost address the risky driving behaviour. Once employees know their driving is being regularly monitored and at-risk behaviour is being addressed, employees will tend to drive more carefully.
In addition, IVMS offers users the ability to:
Communicate proactively with drivers by way of an in-cab warning system. Alerts can be audible (i.e. buzzer) or visual (i.e. flashing light) to inform a driver when they have broken a safe driving rule such as speeding or harsh braking. This system is excellent for promoting driver awareness, and over time, these warnings will improve driving habits and break the bad ones.
Report on driving behaviour. Users can create custom reports or utilise existing templates to visually illustrate risky driving habits such as speeding or unauthorized vehicle use.
Notify management if a safety parameter is breached or an accident occurs. IVMS can be programmed to send various parties an automatic email or SMS alert if a driver is, for example, not wearing their seatbelt, is swerving between lanes, or braking harshly.
Unfortunately, despite proactive efforts, accidents can still occur. IVMS software allows users to recreate an accident to identify what happened and who was responsible. Information evaluated includes the vehicle speed versus GPS speed (used to identify wheel spin), RPM, both X and Y axis of the accelerometer (details vehicle’s movements from front to back and side to side), and the driver involved. This valuable information will allow you to respond quickly to the incident, and depending on the outcome, provide 'no-fault' evidence for insurance coverage purposes.
There are many In Vehicle Management Systems on the market with varying features and capabilities. When looking for an IVMS provider, ensure you take the time to identify your core requirements beforehand. This will aid you in selecting the best possible system for your organisation, in order to increase employee safety and better protect your assets.
For more information on IVMS and how it could benefit your business, please contact a JCA Fleet Services team member at +61 8 6254 3833 or visit our website.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Makes a Good All Around Stand Up Paddle Board?
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- Tips for house removals
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Considerable Factors of Zachary Levi, The Famous Actor
- Developing Good Habits
- 5 Languages of Appreciation
- How To Pick The Right University For You
- Why Should You Opt For A Postnuptial Agreement?
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Hail, Hail The Gang's All Here
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- Affiliate Marketing Advice for Beginners
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Running as part of eco friendly style of life
- How Hiring the Right Video Production Company Makes All the Difference
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- An Overview on Allpax Products and Services