What, How and Why Clipping Path???
- Author Shuvojit Roy
- Published August 31, 2014
- Word count 457
The clipping path is the basic and most important photo editing strategy of editing photo by using Photoshop. In some cases, it’s called deep etching or vector mask. It’s used to cut out or select any portion of a photo. Any unwanted portion of an image is excluded while drawing clipping path. It is the most useful Photoshop technique that is needed to accomplish various image editing applications like cutting out an object, Photoshop masking, Photoshop retouching, Photo manipulation, drop shadow, mirror effect etc.
Generally, clipping path is drawn by using Photoshop pen tool. In order to get the best quality of clipping path the drawing should be initiated to the images with 300% zoom. In some cases the color of the background bleeds into the selected portion or the subject. To avoid this problem clipping path should be drawn inside one or two pixels of the product or subject. Normally, 0.3 feather is applied before cutting out the subject to ensure smooth edges which may vary on the basis of image quality or resolution.
Firstly, clipping path is done to cut out the subject of a photo from its original background to use any other background that suits best. In a single word it can be said as ‘changing background’. But only clipping path is not enough to change background of all kinds of photos but only the images with hard or clear edge like books, plates, bags, garments, shoes, jewelry, electronic equipment etc. On the other hand, the photos with soft or hairy edge like fur or hair requires masking along with clipping path to isolate from the original background.
Further photo editing like Photoshop masking, Photoshop retouching, Photo manipulation, drop shadow, mirror effect require clipping path as well. Suppose, we need to apply making technique to an image, it requires clipping path as well. The solid portion except hairy area is clipped to keep untouched while making the hairy or furry area. While doing retouching the designers have to clip certain portion to retouch or match it with the rest part. In order to create reflection or drop shadow effect the DTP can’t but apply clipping path first to bring certain shadow or reflection effect.
No doubt, clipping path is the first step to learn Adobe Photoshop. Each and every designer has to have good command on clipping path to be a good designer. Even, it’s the basic tool for designing any creative art. There are several shortcut methods of drawing clipping path like lasso tools, magic wand etc but these techniques don’t bring desired quality. Clipping Mask Asia(CMA) always prefer hand drawn clipping path to ensure the best quality of cutting out or selecting the subject of an image.
There are no posted comments.
- How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020
- Image masking go hand in hand
- How to Shrink the Size of My 4K UHD videos?
- Review of Top Six Free DVD Copy Software for Windows 10/7
- Want To Take Better Pictures? Read These Tips!
- What is HEVC？How HEVC better than H.264？ What are the advantages of HEVC？
- The Secret Of CLIPPING PATH SERVICE
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Price Malaysia and Specs
- iPhone Marketing Strategies - 3 Easy Methods to Go Mobile
- Digital Asset Management for Photographers
- SAM Broadcaster, how good is it?
- How do I change a wmf picture to PDF?
- Designer Kid
- New Year's Resolutions For A Radio DJ
- Hybrid Hard Drives (SSHD) and Data Recovery
- I Reinstalled Windows! Can I Recover My Data?
- Show Your Tablet Some Love, Tips And Tricks To Reduce Energy Consumption
- Making Your Wedding Photography Shoot Perfect
- Wedding Photography Changes from Yesterday to Today
- Best Software for Photo Manipulation
- ABC of Clipping Path
- Have You Used Easy Video Player?
- Changing Mindsets: Digital Publishing is Not Simply a PDF
- How To Connect Your PSP To Your HD TV
- How Much Cash Do You Have To Spend To Transmit Sound Through Your Home?
- Make the Career in IT industry with MCITP: Server Administrator Certification
- The importance of a good website design
- How 3D Scanners are Used in the Precision Parts Industry