Matcha Green Tea Powder the New Healthy Coffee Alternative
- Author Jake Roberts
- Published October 17, 2014
- Word count 467
Why has Matcha Green Tea become so popular recently and what is it? Where does it come from and why the current popularity in more and more gourmet coffee shops as a drink option? With more and more coffee drinkers switching to Matcha as their drink of choice, what is it about this new coffee alternative that has folks wondering why?
The health benefits of Matcha are extraordinary. Matcha has at least three times greater the amount of EGCG available from other commercially available green teas. In 2003, researchers from the University of Colorado found this to be true. This benefit is due to the fact that the complete leaf is consumed, as compared to steeping water and the bagged teas people are more commonly used to drinking. You will find much higher potency of antioxidants, catechins and chlorophyll in Matcha Green Tea Powder.
There is scientific evidence now discovered that suggests, theanine, which is present in Matcha Green Tea Powder could help to reduce or control mental stress responses.A study by Kao et al (2000), reported the following: "We found that EGCG (found in Matcha Green Tea) significantly reduced food intake and body weight." This shows us how Matcha Green Tea works to suppress your appetite through regulating hormones such as Leptin which will tell your brain that you are satisfied and full. Furthermore, a recent publication by the American Society of Clinical Nutrition found that frequent consumption of quality Matcha Green Tea enhances the efficiency of the human body in utilizing energy. The research showed that the daily energy expenditure rate of adults increases 35-45% with regular consumption of Matcha Green Tea.
Matcha originated in the Tang Dynasty of China in (618-907) The Chinese and the Zen Buddhists brought the powdered tea to Japan in (1191) by the monk Eisai. The same tea used to make gyokuro is made from shade-grown tea leaves to make Matcha. It can take up to one hour to grind just 30 grams of Matcha powder, this is one of the reasons it costs a little bit more than loose leaf teas.
The taste of Matcha Green Tea Powder is a compelling reason so many have made the switch, not only because of the health benefits, but the taste is delicious and can be consumed in a variety of ways from preparations like smoothies to lattes as well as being used in baking. There are so many ways to consume Matcha that it makes for an every increasing recipe collection.
You will usually find 2 grades of Matcha, the ceremonial grade, of tea, which is used in Japanese tea ceremonies, this tea is more expensive, to culinary grades, which are used in Lattes, smoothies and baking recipes, which is less expensive. Either way, this tea is good for you and tastes superb as well.
Jake Roberts is product development manager for 4 Diamond Marketing Systems and currently is writing about Matcha Green Tea PowderArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits