It Tastes So Good But It's Really Dangerous
- Author Ron Sauciron
- Published January 28, 2015
- Word count 448
When we think of sugar we automatically associate it with fun times. From an early age we were exposed to sweet snacks like ice cream, candy, and soft drinks. When our bubble gum lost its sweet taste we threw it away and got a fresh piece. We have been programmed to reach for something sweet in times of stress and tension. The average person consumes almost 20% of their calories from refined white sugar. That averages out to about 150 pounds of sugar consumption a year. I think we can safely assume much of those 150 pounds are replacing more nutritious foods in our diets. And don’t be so naive as to think that cutting down, or even eliminating the white stuff will solve the problem.
That’s just the sugar you can see. There’s also the sugar that’s a little harder to see. It’s still visible but it looks a little different and answers to a different name but it’s still detrimental to your health. Aspartame, NutraSweet, and Equal are only a few of the villains we need to become aware of. Aspartame is quite possibly the cause of Gulf War Syndrome. Soft drinks sweetened with aspartame were left sitting in the desert heat for weeks before our troops drank them. By that time the heat had altered Aspartame’s chemical structure and many of our troops became sick as soon as they drank the tainted sodas.
A diet high in sugar raises your risk of infection because your immune system is compromised almost immediately after consumption. This lowering of your immune function leaves you open to all kinds of diseases and infections.
So what weapons are available to those of us looking for a healthy alternative to the detriments of sugar? Stevia is a natural sweetener known as the sweet herb. It has no calories and is 25 times sweeter than refined sugar. Stevia helps regulate blood sugar and helps lower high blood pressure but does not affect normal blood pressure. It can be purchased online or at health food or supplement stores.
Honey is a natural sweetener produced by bees and has antibiotic and antiseptic properties. It also contains the vitamins, enzymes, and minerals needed for the proper metabolism and digestion of glucose and other sugar properties. Avoid honey, however, if you suffer from candida or diabetes. If you are diabetic or hypoglycemic, try Xylitol. It’s a sweetener derived from plums, birch wood chips, corn, and strawberries and are just as sweet as table sugar but with fewer calories.
So if you have a sweet tooth, and who doesn’t, don’t despair. Mother Nature is here to help and keep you healthy.
Anything that compromises our immune system is not something we want in our bodies. A compromised immune system can cause all kinds of health problems, some of which are unique to women. I have written an ebook on A Holistic Approach To Women's Health Issues. It's titled Health Springs Eternal. It's a reference book for all women and the men who love them. For more details on the contents of the book go to www.VitaminAndHerbalHealth.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Cleansing the body with natural juices
- Shed that weight with HB5 supplement
- A Deeper Dive Into Green Tea's Benefits
- A Look at the Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt
- Blueberries Are Full of Health Benefits
- Five Things Anyone Can Do To Stay Healthy
- Best Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory Your brain
- What is Nitric Oxide (N.O.)?
- Top Benefits of the Keto Diet
- Fitness Supplements and Expert Choice | BodyTechSupplements
- How To Increase Testosterone?
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- A Beginners Guide to CBD & Why It Has Become So Popular
- best natural weight loss GOLD
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- Why Do People Fail On A Vegan Diet, While Others Succeed?
- Weight loss supplements really help you lose weight?
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout