How to Take Care of Your Dentures
- Author Matt Mccallum
- Published April 19, 2015
- Word count 308
Now that you have your new dentures and are confident with your smile, you must learn how to handle your dentures with care. Proper denture care is vital for both the health of your dentures and your mouth. Caring for your dentures will also help avoid costly repairs.
Here are a few tips on how to take care of your new dentures:
Brush and Rinse Dentures Daily
Just like your natural teeth, dentures need to be brushed and cleaned daily. Removing food and plaque is an easy task, but make sure you are using a soft bristle brush designed for cleaning dentures. Carefully brush the surface of your dentures, avoiding the plastic or metal clasp attachments if they are partial dentures.
Clean Your Dentures With a Denture Cleaner, Not With Toothpaste
When cleaning your dentures, make sure you are using a denture cleaner and not toothpaste. Toothpaste can be pretty abrasive and can cause tiny scratches, this according to denturist Matt McCallum from McCallum Denture Clinic. A recommended denture cleaner will help to gently remove stains and debris without harming the dentures. Brush your gums and tongue as well to prevent oral disease. Make sure you rinse your dentures after each meal, whenever possible.
Soak Dentures Overnight
Use a mild-denture soaking solution to soak your dentures at night. To keep their shape and strength most dentures need to remain moist. Make sure you rinse your dentures with water before putting them back in your mouth in the morning.
See Your Denturist Regularly
It is important to have regular dental visits so that your denturist can make sure that your dentures continue to fit properly and that there are no signs of oral disease. If there is a problem with your dentures, visit your dentist or denturist right away. Do not try to adjust or repair your dentures yourself.
Matt graduated from the denturism program at George Brown College in Toronto in 2008. Shortly after receiving his diploma he moved back to his hometown of London to begin his career as a denturist. http://www.mccallumdentureclinic.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman
- What to Look for in a Spa