Visiting the Cayman Islands on a Caribbean Cruise
- Author Marina Carr
- Published June 2, 2015
- Word count 532
The Cayman Islands are a popular stop on MSC’s Caribbean cruise packages. The Cayman Islands are located in the British West Indies and have beautiful beaches and lush landscapes. The islands are well known for water sports such as diving and snorkeling, as well as the famous Seven Mile Beach. Whatever you decide to do on your MSC Cruises western Caribbean cruise, there are countless Caribbean cruise deals and activities to keep you entertained on your Cayman Islands cruise stop.
Cayman Islands History
The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas Territory and are part of the Western Caribbean Islands. It has a population of over 50,000 people. Three islands make up the territory, including Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman. Grand Cayman is the biggest island and has the capital city of George Town. As mentioned, the Cayman Islands are known for water sports, Seven Mile Beach, and are also widely known for being a major center for offshore financial banking.
Cayman Islands Cruise
There are several different cruise packages that pass through the Cayman Islands aboard the MSC Divina. The MSC Divina has a 7 and 8 day cruise tour that goes through United States, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Bahamas and United States, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Belize, Bahamas. Get ready to explore the Caribbean and the Cayman Islands on a cruise!
Cayman Islands Activities
City Tour- A great way to explore the Cayman Islands when the cruise is at port is to take a city tour. Stop by for a tour of Pedro St. James and Pedro’s Castle, then to Bodden Town, the previous capital of the Cayman Islands. See the native and exotic plants at the Botanical Gardens. Go to Grand Harbour and after take a boat tour to Stingray City Sandbar.
Seven Mile Beach & Tiki Bar- One of Cayman Island’s main tourist attraction is its famed Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the sunbathing or taking the dip in the ocean at Tiki Beach resort. If you want, you can also go kayaking, jet skiing, parasailing, or snorkeling at the resort.
Dolphin Swim- Go on an excursion to Dolphin Cove to swim with the dolphins. Dolphin Cove also offers visitors a touch tank where you can interact with sea animals like lobsters, starfish and sea urchins. Then enjoy riding with a dolphin in the water and even give them a kiss!
Stingray City Sandbar-Another one of the Cayman Islands most visited spots is the Stingray City Sandbar. Here, you will have a chance to get up close and personal with the stingrays that inhabit the islands! Grab a snorkel and life vest and observe the variety of tropical fish and stingrays here, plus you have a chance to feed them!
Snorkeling- Enjoy a snorkeling excursion at two different sites on your Cayman Islands trip! The first snorkeling tour takes place at the wreck of Cali, an underwater structure that has been there for 40 years and has coral and marine wildlife to observe. The second snorkeling site is called Cheeseburger Reef, due to its proximity to a Burger King restaurant. Here you will get to explore the beautiful coral reef system and wide variety of marine life that inhabits it.
western Caribbean cruise, Caribbean cruise deals, MSC CruisesArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking