Benefits of staying at a yoga ashram
- Author Yogi Ram
- Published June 30, 2015
- Word count 502
A yoga ashram usually offers very basic but clean accommodation and is located in a natural environment. It can be the perfect place to go on a yoga retreat or to follow a yoga teacher training course. It helps to completely dissociate from attachments to modern luxuries and to focus only on yourself and your learning process. There are many yoga ashrams in India. Below you can find some of the many benefits of life at a yoga ashram.
- Focus only on your studies and personal development
The word Ashram literally means a place to study. Ashrams often offer the possibility to follow a yoga retreat or a yoga teacher training course. Following a teacher training course at an ashram is very beneficial both for your studies and your spiritual growth. Since it offers very basic living conditions and usually also limited internet possibilities it really helps to dissociate from your life at home and to focus only on your studies. This simple lifestyle can also change your way of experiencing life and help you to grow spiritually. Studying at an ashram also increases your credibility as a yoga teacher because it means you have experienced the yogic lifestyle and you have lived according to the yogic principles.
- Experience the true yogic lifestyle
The yogic lifestyle is a very simple lifestyle without many luxuries. It usually follows a strict schedule, waking up early in the morning for morning meditation and or yoga practice. The yogic lifestyle follows the 5 principles of yoga which are proper exercise, proper breathing, proper diet, proper relaxation and positive thinking and meditation. These 5 principles are usually practiced at a yoga ashram by following daily yoga and meditation classes, practicing pranayama or breathing exercises and eating a healthy vegetarian diet.
- Learn to be free from attachment
Without realizing it we are very much attached to our cell phone, our long warm showers or baths, extensive meals, etc. Living in an ashram means to take a step back from all these things and to realize what really matters in life. Meals are healthy and simple and often there is no speaking allowed during the meals. This may seem a bit strange since eating together is considered to be a very social event. However having a meal with other people without talking helps to concentrate only on the eating and allows your body to save its energy for the digestion of the food rather then using the energy for talking. Living a few days without Internet, phone, TV is also a very good experience to realize how much we depend on these luxuries and to be aware that we actually don’t really need all these things.
There are many famous ashrams in India offering both teacher training courses and yoga retreats such as the Sivananda Ashram in South India and the Arhanta Yoga Ashram in Central India. Sivananda Ashram has several ashrams all over the world and Arhanta Yoga Ashram has an ashram in India and in the Netherlands, Europe.
The author of this website is a famous and experienced Indian Yoga teacher. He organizes 200 hour yoga teacher training courses at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram in India. For more information about the teacher training courses, visit http://www.arhantayogaindia.com/yoga-teacher-training/.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How Exercise Can Benefit Your Mouth
- Excellent Reasons For Joining a Pilates Class
- Strength training for beginners
- Do You Need Motivation To Get Fitter and Healthier? An Online Fitness Programme May Be The Answer
- Why make mindfulness a habit
- When You Should Visit a Chiropractor?
- Best home gym equipment-Get in shape at home | Ignitto
- How to Become a Successful Personal Trainer
- The Nature of Nicotine Patches
- Work With Only the Best Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- The extra advantages of jump rope
- Some Common Healthy Activities to Slow Aging
- The Benefits of Indoor Golf
- Cycling: the Most Convenient Form of Exercise
- Meditation - What Gardens Teach Us About Spirituality?
- Lumbar Hemilaminectomy - Types, Goals & Success Rate of Spine Surgery
- Contentment: The Path to True Happiness
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- Why Sunken Trampolines Are So Popular Today
- Why Resistance Bands Are The Most Versatile Piece Of Gym Equipment For Lockdown?
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- Why Should One Need a Sports Massage?
- free attunement of reiki kundalini and highest cakras
- EXERCISE ANXIETY, IS THAT EVEN A THING |12 WAYS TO IDENTIFY IT AND FIX IT
- Do you sabotage your fitness resolutions every year? Here’s what to do instead
- Gymnastics for the Joints: Basic Exercises
- Muscle Toning Exercises: The 7 Exercises that tone your whole body
- Two Days A Week Strength Training
- How to Understand the Physical Exercise
- How to get built to last a lifetime